Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/18/2015 12:42:01 AM EDT
Changing around some stuff on an AR and I plan on switching to a Noveske QD End Plate. I read that some people were having issues with CTR stocks hitting the QD button when the stock is collapsed. I run a collapsed buttstock a ton while shining for hogs in a Truck. Wondering if That's even an issue with a Magpul MOE stock which is what I have. If it is, I recall the Magpul MS4 sling being slightly recessed and curious if that is even a thing.
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 1:03:38 AM EDT
[#1]
I have 3 with the Noveske QD End Plate with LMT SOPMOD stocks with no issues,
I don't foresee a issue with a Magpul.
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 7:42:13 AM EDT
[#2]
I've had this setup on two rifles with no issues.

Fo for it.
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 8:05:50 AM EDT
[#3]
I think it's that the stock hits the actual QD swivel while inserted when it's fully collapsed but that happens to numerous QD end plate combos.
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 4:25:16 PM EDT
[#4]
If it were to happen, generally relieving just a touch of plastic off the stock would alleviate the issue.  Really not an issue unless slightly modifying something to work bothers you.
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 4:42:54 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought one. Feeling more optimistic after the feedback. Thanks everyone.
Link Posted: 9/19/2015 1:41:42 AM EDT
[#6]
If you're concerned about your stock releasing the QD swivel, just use "flush button" swivels. There are many that make them (Damage Industries, etc) with the button shallower than the swivel (button cannot be activated unless pressed in further than the swivel edge).
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 10:58:59 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm running a Noveske QD back plate on my gun with an STR buttstock (milspec)

Issues I've had with the setup:
I rock my stock fully collapsed in armor. I haven't had a problem with it bumping it loose since I use QDs that have a recessed button. The problem is that my buttstock a won't lock into the fully collapsed position. This is an issue when I present in that sometimes my kit yanks my buttstock to the first notch. More of a pain in the ass than anything.
Second problem: if I jam it closed, the QD is useless and there is no swivel in the QD, making it basically a fixed sling position.

Solutions:
Started training with my buttstock in position 1. Had to bring my grip in a bit which mean I had to move my pressure pad on my rail in and it brings my firing hand out which gives me less control over the muzzle. Tried to remedy this by running my sling under my firing shoulder and over my non firing shoulder. This ended up binding on shit like my tools, and radio cables. It also made transitions kind of a bitch.

Just said fuck it, and put my rear swivel back onto the buttstock QD.

Looking into getting rid of my STR buttstock since it makes my gun too heavy anyway and will reevaluate with the CTR
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 9:24:48 AM EDT
[#8]
I haven't had any trouble with exposed button QD swivels in a noveske end plate and a magpul CTR in the collapsed position.  It does touch the button but the CTR will lock closed fine and the sling button isn't compressed enough to release.  Just lucky I guess.

Different brand swivels can vary a bit so it might just be a matter of trying a few till you find one that works.  Also it may depend how far your buffer tube is screwed into the lower.  One rotation may make enough of a difference to matter one way or the other.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top