Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/17/2015 1:00:55 PM EDT
I run a Saker and use SilencerCo's break and really like the setup of of their QD system. I am working on a DD MK18 and want to put a QD device on it, but def. not a plain muzzle break. I was thinking about running a break with a break shield. How well do those work? SilencerCo has that Saker flash suppressor, but I'm thinking that it is going to be like the Smith Vortex on my DMR and drive me nuts with the ringing. I'm basically looking for a muzzle device that will be pleasurable to shoot (possible with the break shield) that I can use while the can isn't on it.

Suggestions and experiences?
Link Posted: 9/17/2015 1:34:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I run a Saker and use SilencerCo's break and really like the setup of of their QD system. I am working on a DD MK18 and want to put a QD device on it, but def. not a plain muzzle break. I was thinking about running a break with a break shield. How well do those work? SilencerCo has that Saker flash suppressor, but I'm thinking that it is going to be like the Smith Vortex on my DMR and drive me nuts with the ringing. I'm basically looking for a muzzle device that will be pleasurable to shoot (possible with the break shield) that I can use while the can isn't on it.

View Quote

Aww come on brakes on short barrels are fun!

I have not seen any brake shields for the Saker or SpecWar mounts. If you get the base for your Saker that accepts YHM mounts, you can get one. It's a more simple ratcheting system that IMO is easier to use. No locking collar and I've never heard of one backing off
Link Posted: 9/17/2015 1:43:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Hahaha unfortunately most of my shooting is indoors at the moment
Link Posted: 9/17/2015 5:00:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote

If you're referring to SilencerCo's Trifecta mount / flash suppressor, the tines are uneven length and it doesn't ring at all - at least mine doesn't.  

You should check it out.

Link Posted: 9/18/2015 12:13:45 AM EDT
[#4]
A friend of a friend said that his doesn't ring either. Not sure how attractive it will look on an SBR, but I will likely go that rout, at least until something else is offered.
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 3:49:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
SilencerCo's break
muzzle break
Iwas thinking about running a break
with a break shield.
(possible with the break shield)

View Quote

Brake.
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 4:44:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Brake.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
SilencerCo's break
muzzle break
Iwas thinking about running a break
with a break shield.
(possible with the break shield)

Brake.

Ooops, thanks. ESL here. =]
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 9:37:54 PM EDT
[#7]
I shoot a trifecta on a 10.5" barreled AR.  no ringing I have noticed.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 10:51:50 PM EDT
[#8]
They say the Trifecta flash hider isn't supposed to ring, even though it is open on the end.  I still wish it was closed, just so it wouldn't catch grass and foliage so easily.  Same reason the .mil went to the birdcage over the duckbill flash hider when the M-16A1 came out.  I suppose I'll still use them on most of my rifles.  I have an Omega on the way, and I don't like brakes.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top