Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/15/2015 7:51:07 PM EDT
I have a new sling on order and I'm torn between the long ends of the gun (stock and FSB) or near the receiver with an end plate and other solution ? Personally I have a ctr and moe hand guards
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 8:42:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Is it a one, two or 3 point sling?
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 8:48:45 PM EDT
[#2]
It's an original SOE 2 point bungee.
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 8:55:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I used a LBT light weight quick adjust my last deployment on my issued M4. We had CQD end plates and standard side sling swivels with KAC rails.

I attached my sling to the side sling swivel using the webbing and supplied tri glide, then I used a HK hook to attach the other end to the CQD plate. This set up worked very well and allowed me to do what I needed to do.

Easy to bring the weapon up to shoulder, no sling getting hung up on armor on the buttstock.

I could still tighten the sling enough to put the weapon on my back and climb obstacles or ladders.

I now use this set up on all but two of my personal AR's.
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 11:34:51 PM EDT
[#4]
On a two point, I mount it to the stock and on the handguard right in front of the receiver. This way, it keeps the sling out of the way of my support arm
Link Posted: 9/16/2015 11:54:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Sling close to the muzzle on the handguard and sling on the opposite side of the stock (right hand side, right handed shooter) http://www.ocabj.net/blue-force-gear-vickers-sling-setup-changes/

Note: Limited rotation swivel cup modification on UBR to prevent rear sling mount point from twisting. http://www.ocabj.net/magpul-ubr-stock-modification-limited-rotation-sling-swivel-cup/
Link Posted: 9/16/2015 1:23:10 PM EDT
[#6]
I have my light mounted on the left side of my rifle (I'm right handed) and have my sling mounted in front of the receiver to keep it out of the way, with the back of the sling mounted to the stock.
Link Posted: 9/16/2015 2:00:54 PM EDT
[#7]
VCAS 2 point. Front in on a side mount on the barrel under the front sight tower. Rear is through the stock slot around the extension. I have an end plate that would take a HK hook but never bothered with it.
Link Posted: 9/16/2015 2:50:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sling close to the muzzle on the handguard and sling on the opposite side of the stock (right hand side, right handed shooter) http://www.ocabj.net/blue-force-gear-vickers-sling-setup-changes/

Note: Limited rotation swivel cup modification on UBR to prevent rear sling mount point from twisting. http://www.ocabj.net/magpul-ubr-stock-modification-limited-rotation-sling-swivel-cup/
View Quote

Very helpful video. Much appreciated
Link Posted: 9/16/2015 8:17:51 PM EDT
[#9]
His problem with the sling when he had it attached at the front and rear of the receiver could have been fixed by tightening up the sling.
He mentions in the video that it was loose for that attachment position.
I like mine attached that way and quick adjust the sling tighter when I swing it on my back.

I do not like the sling attached at the front of the hand guard because it is always in the way.
Link Posted: 9/17/2015 3:44:23 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm a 2 point, far front/ far rear, guy myself. IMHO, it's more stable slung on your back that way, and it still works slung in front, as well as being able to tighten sling around arm for stability aid. However, I use a MS1 for this, so I DO have to adjust tension between front/back slung to get those benefits.
Link Posted: 9/17/2015 7:21:18 AM EDT
[#11]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I have my light mounted on the left side of my rifle (I'm right handed) and have my sling mounted in front of the receiver to keep it out of the way, with the back of the sling mounted to the stock.
View Quote

This is pretty much what I do on all of mine.

Link Posted: 9/17/2015 2:54:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Depends. If I have an accessorized rifle, the front attachment is mounted behind all of the accessories and slightly in front of the reciever/delta ring. If it's free from tacticool bullshit, I mount the front attachment point as far forward as I can. In either case the rear is attached to the stock. Mounting the rear on the receiver plate screws with my cheek weld.
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 2:37:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Right side of stock, left at the front of the rail with an adjustable sling that allows me the option of using the sling as a shooting aid on my longer ARs. On my 10.3" I use CQD mounts, with the front mount at the front of the rail.
Link Posted: 9/20/2015 1:08:20 PM EDT
[#14]

Prefer to mount mine this way as I feel it gives me the most comfort and the most adjustability.  

I have tried other mounting positions, and have found that this works the best for me.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 9:16:25 PM EDT
[#15]
I like to run a VCAS with the front end mounted towards the rear of the handguard and the rear end on the buttstock. I run the sling over my dominant shoulder and under my weak arm. I find that the sling being mounted closer to the delta ring helps to eliminate tangles when moving through brush since the sling runs along the inside of your forearm when the weapon is shouldered. It also prevents snags when moving your hand on and off the weapon, especially with a light mounted on the left rail. I prefer the end slot of the stock for my rear attachment since it lends more stability when the rifle is slung at low ready. The drawback to this setup is that you need to switch shoulders if you want to move the rifle to your back since the fore end will be too unstable for muzzle up carry.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 11:25:25 AM EDT
[#16]
I run the VTAC with QD mounted in front of the reciever and opposite side of the stock, the quick adjust makes all the difference in the world
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top