Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/28/2015 12:22:24 PM EDT
Hi All,

I just finished a carbine-length AR: 14-1/2" bbl. (with pinned 2" hider), MI M-LOK rail.  Weighs about 5-1/2 lbs., unloaded.  QD points all over the place--fore and aft.

I'd pretty much settled on the Magpul MS3 QD.  Then discovered the Savvy Sniper QUAD Dual QD MS.  Now comes the Magpul MS4 Gen2.

So now it's down to the Magpul MS4 Gen2 vs. the Savvy Sniper QUAD dual QD MS.  I've tried to find A:B comparisons, but no luck.  So here I am

At first blush they seem nearly identical in operation, and the MS4 is about $25-$30 less expensive, however...

It would appear the SS sling has the rifle riding a bit higher in single-point mode and the length adjustment appears to be more convenient (better-positioned) and smoother?

Anybody with experience with both slings that can comment?

Follow-up question on the SS sling: It's available with or without the bungee.  What are the pros and cons of the bungee?  I'm particularly wondering if it's ridges become annoying when the sling's worn over light clothing and how well it retains its elasticity?

Thanks, in advance!
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 1:19:08 AM EDT
[#1]
I have an original savvy sniper and love it. it does have the bungee and with a light shirt carrying the rifle all day it can get annoying. but its a great product. that being said the other option is magpul and i doubt you'll be disappointed.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 5:45:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I have owned both and ended up keeping the Savvy Sniper QUAD dual QD MS.
There is no higher quality sling and they will fix it if anything breaks.

Trust me you do not have to worry about the elastic getting weak. If it did they would replace it.
I have never felt uncomfortable with the bungee, t-shirt, and carbine weight weapon.
A rifle that weighed 10 lbs or more might need a padded sling or more than a t-shirt.

It does keep the weapon high and tight and the quick slide adjuster is the cats meow.
Great color choices, I love the Flat Dark Earth.
Yes it is expensive but buy once cry once.
I put QD sockets on all my rilfles and transfer the Savvy between them.

Watch these videos, they will tell you what you need to know about the Savvy Sniper.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ny5b7VXUU78

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXw5iCppC9w
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:03:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for your comments, gentlemen.

(I had more detailed replies, but the site restrictions wouldn't let me.)
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:52:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I've been messing around with a savvy sniper for around a year now.  I love it, great sling.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top