Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/24/2015 9:24:25 PM EDT
hello everyone. its been super hot lately here in GA/SC. I tried to beat the sun by going out and shooting early but it came out surely and fried my shooting session. (I didn't bring water LOl)
Anyways now that my rifle has been built to my preference I think its time to buy some nice shooting gear and I was looking around for a good technical shirt but I couldn't really find one, can anyone suggest one for hot weather?
Long sleeve would be a plus. I thought of getting those Larue long sleeves but I just found out they aren't tech shirts.
My 100% heavy cotton t shirt turned into a sweat towel so hopefully someone knows of some good stuff out there!

Also no collar shirts*** i ain't that kinda guy.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 12:27:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Not sure what you mean by technical shirt but if your goal is something that is breathable, comfortable, wicks moisture and comes in camo....... Google camo running shirt...... Nike dry fit and underarmor both come I n camo and will keep you cool and dry. I have ran 6.2 and 13.1 MILE races in them a they kept me comfortable in Chicago 90-100deg. humid heat.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 11:39:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Try not to forget the water next time

But Arc'teryx, Nike dri fit, Under Armor, Adidas, Reebok, Champion C9, and others have moisture wicking t-shirts. There are also long sleeve buttons ups that have vents and is SPF rated from Columbia Sportswear and other outdoor clothing companies.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 1:46:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Try not to forget the water next time

But Arc'teryx, Nike dri fit, Under Armor, Adidas, Reebok, Champion C9, and others have moisture wicking t-shirts. There are also long sleeve buttons ups that have vents and is SPF rated from Columbia Sportswear and other outdoor clothing companies.
View Quote

There are just so many performance shirts out there with the same price tag. I remember in high school when i ran track and cross country some of these shirts would start to stink horribly even if you washed them. It might be the polyester property of it.
I'll try Arcteryx since I know they are pretty reputable. I wonder what the Army and Marines use.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 3:50:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 11:44:51 AM EDT
[#5]
I just wear fishing shirts I got at Gander Mountain. Or a t-shirt
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 1:06:54 PM EDT
[#6]
If, by "tech shirt," you mean something that will wick moisture away from your skin, so it evaporates, rather than holds it: Under Armor's products beat everybody else's, hands-down.  I've tried others, but UA's work best, IME.

UA does make long-sleeve versions.

Costco has tees, made of a similar, but thinner, material that work well as an undershirt, at a fraction of the cost.  Later in the season they might be carrying the long-sleeve version, again.  The stuff is called "32° Cool."

A week ago, when I was giving my new build its trial run, I was wearing one of those 32° Cool shirts.  Over that I wore a short-sleeve Field & Stream collared, tail-less shirt, designed to be worn un-tucked, as a cover garment.  (Much less obvious than a "shoot me first" vest.)  It is also made of a tech fabric.  My head sweated under my ball cap, but my upper body stayed dry and comfortable.

You can buy hats made of similar materials.  They work, trust me.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top