Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/18/2015 10:07:00 PM EDT
I want to add QD's to my shotgun. For the stock I'm going with Noveske QD flush cups (mounted in the rear side of the stock). The front end is where I'm stumped. My shotgun has a swivel stud coming straight forward out of the barrel nut. I was thinking of either trying a Magpul QD type 1 screwed to the barrel nut (replacing the screwed in swivel stud) but that would look kind of wonky. The other option I was thinking is if there is any "stud to QD" adaptor out there? You know, like a QD cup with a built in link that connects to a standard swivel stud? Does such a thing exist? That would be my first choice, since I could also utilize the existing sling studs if I choose. I don't want any clamp on style barrel attachments.  If worse comes to worse, I'll just add another stud to the rear side of the stock and continue using that style, but I'd like to switch to QD to multifunction my AR slings.
Help me out here.... is there such a thing as a stud-to-QD adaptor? If so, where can I find it? If not, what other options do I have?
Thank you for any feedback/advice/links!

ETA: I don't like receiver mounted sling attachment points (I like far front, far rear 2 pt set up)..
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 10:12:35 PM EDT
[#1]
http://store.nemoarms.com/nemo-qd-sling-adapter/

That might work if your stud is threaded 10-32.  
CHRIS

Link Posted: 6/18/2015 10:50:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
http://store.nemoarms.com/nemo-qd-sling-adapter/
That might work if your stud is threaded 10-32.  

CHRIS  
View Quote

That is AWESOME! Thank you for that link! I've never seen that before. Instead of an adapter, It would simply replace the barrel nut swivel screw stud. Brilliant! Now I just have to check and see what thread pitch the stud is on the cap. It's a Mossberg 500 pump with that itty bitty screw in stud.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 7:01:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 2:52:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Check out Grovetec, they make all sorts items.Grovetec
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 2:02:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

Thanks Chris! This will be perfect for my intended use!
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top