Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/16/2015 11:54:17 AM EDT
I'm 6'4" 275

My T Shirts are all 2XL/3XL, I like em Loose.
Chest 52"

I've been searching for the past couple of months and cant find anything that appears to fit.
Most seem to adjust to an XL size.

Any Leads on where to find one? Or am I just SOL...

I would Prefer Multicam/Tan/OD in that order if someone could find me one.
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 5:44:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I'm 6'4" 275

My T Shirts are all 2XL/3XL, I like em Loose.
Chest 52"

I've been searching for the past couple of months and cant find anything that appears to fit.
Most seem to adjust to an XL size.

Any Leads on where to find one? Or am I just SOL...

I would Prefer Multicam/Tan/OD in that order if someone could find me one.
View Quote

Subscribing to this one...I'm in the same boat, brother.
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 7:50:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Try HERE
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 4:48:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Another fatty checking in.  Been wanting something too but I think just something that holds two plates would fit most people. Follow what I mean?

Link Posted: 5/17/2015 7:26:10 AM EDT
[#4]
"Fatty" ... no, big boned!

:)
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 7:28:40 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm thinking this size may be the ones for us: 11 x 14.

Keep in mind that the armor only covers the vitals in the upper chest, not much further down.

For instance: http://www.ar500armor.com/ar500-armor-curved-trauma-plate-advanced-shooters-cut-11x14.html#.VVh69xeKQRY
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 8:42:04 AM EDT
[#6]
I just got 2 xl plate carries from ar500, they hold the xl plates, good quality, plates fit great!  And the real reason it fits my 52 inch chest,  the other one is already sold, but if you need me too I'm a dealer can hook you up with one.  Black is out of stock only coyote and multi available right now.
Check em out on the website I think it would fit you perfectly.
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 10:06:39 AM EDT
[#7]
The new Condor one is available in Multicam and would fit you easy.
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 11:18:50 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm a big guy...  

I have this one w/ 11X14 plaes.  http://www.skdtac.com/PIG-Plate-Carrier-p/pig.502.htm

(I should say - HAD.  It went down with my boat in Canada while I was fishing)
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 2:38:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just got 2 xl plate carries from ar500, they hold the xl plates, good quality, plates fit great!  And the real reason it fits my 52 inch chest,  the other one is already sold, but if you need me too I'm a dealer can hook you up with one.  Black is out of stock only coyote and multi available right now.
Check em out on the website I think it would fit you perfectly.
View Quote

i may take you up on this!

I tired on my buddies Banshee Shellback (Hes a MEdium), and i did get it on with out plates, but it looked like  I was wearing a multicam sports bra..., And No I will not provide Pics.
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 3:34:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Um dude you are 6'4 275... either A you are built like an NFL linebacker and should spring for a custom carrier, or B might wanna take that plate carrier money and invest it in a gym membership, and buy a stock size and be able to move with it.

(former 260 lbs guy , my carrier is loose now)
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 4:10:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Um dude you are 6'4 275... either A you are built like an NFL linebacker and should spring for a custom carrier, or B might wanna take that plate carrier money and invest it in a gym membership, and buy a stock size and be able to move with it.

(former 260 lbs guy , my carrier is loose now)
View Quote

A) I'm a former middle line backer, I think there is a shop in winchester that makes custom stuff... eagle I think... didn't think about going the custom route... I'll make a call...
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 6:52:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Skidtac Pig mayfit.  I made my own ripoff flattering copy of theirs and it fits me fine with plates.  I'm 6-4, okay 6-3, gravity has made me her bitch over the years, and broad shouldered and big chested.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 1:59:57 PM EDT
[#13]
The site's gear forum may also be able to give you some answers.  http://www.ar15.com/forums/f_6/10_Tactical_Gear.html

Keep in mind, most plate carriers size off the plates and not your chest/shirt size.  So an XL carrier doesn't correspond to an XL shirt but rather an XL size (11x14) plate and the body size that would need that much coverage.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 5:26:41 PM EDT
[#14]
So, I"m gathering from the materials posted so far and additional reading following links that the largest easily attainable plate is 11 x 14.

If you want/need something larger, you will have to have it custom made.

Plate carriers are available for 11 x 14 plates, but for anything larger, custom plates will need to be made.

Correct on all counts?
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 6:04:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
So, I"m gathering from the materials posted so far and additional reading following links that the largest easily attainable plate is 11 x 14.

If you want/need something larger, you will have to have it custom made.

Plate carriers are available for 11 x 14 plates, but for anything larger, custom plates will need to be made.

Correct on all counts?
View Quote

Yes you are correct.  XL,plates are the biggest you will find. I don't think you will find legitimate custom plate manufacturers due to the process
Carriers are usually built around plate size and not your shirt size
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 8:21:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top