Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/10/2015 11:15:32 AM EDT
Is there a 2 point sling out there that does it all? I was looking at the Viking Tactics bungee 2 point sling.
Does anyone have any opinions or suggestions on certain slings?
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 11:37:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Is there a 2 point sling out there that does it all? I was looking at the Viking Tactics bungee 2 point sling.
View Quote

Define "does it all."

2 point slings can do most of what a conventional 3 point used to do, without the extra loop.  Some like the Magpul MS3 can convert to single point if you need that style.  There are also some accessories to add that can allow a QD swivel to be locked into the sling again making it a single point.

I like the Troy 2point and Blue-force 2 point.

Link Posted: 4/10/2015 11:44:50 AM EDT
[#2]
I want something that I can have that will tighten up well against my body, but still allowing me to be able to shoot quickly when needed, which is why I was considering a bungee. I have never really cared for a 1 point sling because sometimes I like to throw the AR on my shoulder like a traditional shotgun while I am hunting. Also, I want the sling to help steady my shots with standing and/or kneeling. I am just looking for an all around great sling that can meet all these wants and needs.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 12:32:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Watch this video, the sling will do everything you want and is is top of the line.
I know, I own one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ny5b7VXUU78
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 12:50:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Watch this video, the sling will do everything you want and is is top of the line.
I know, I own one.

View Quote

That is NOT a true tight shooting sling.  At best it would be called a two point that can become a "hasty" shooting sling, which is much less stable.  It lacks an upper arm loop, and is elastic.  So, it cannot do it all.  It is a very good and versatile two point sling in all other respects.

My "every day" AR sling is a Magpul MS3 converted to QD swivels, but it, too, can only operate as a hasty shooting sling.

The best sling to do it all that I have found so far, including one hand operation, two point utility, length and comfort, with true tight sling upper arm loop, is the leather Brownells Latigo.  

You set the loop length one time based on your own arm length and front swivel location on the rifle, and thereafter it adjusts two point length out and in with a simple one hand pull.  It is an elegant clawless adaption of the military 1907 competition sling.  And the leather is gorgeous.  If a true tight shooting sling is needed, it excels. It is available in several widths and in brown or black.

I don't have an uploaded photo on the one on my carbine, but here is one for one of my bolt guns pulled up light for transport or storage, and another for shooting slugs on a tactical shotgun.  The final photo shows more detail of the initial adjustment  holes that thee Chicago fasteners use for the custom arm loop. You can see the upper arm loop well on the shotgun photo.  Your upper arm goes through the back of the front loop and you slide the leather front keeper all the way down, tight against your arm.

Link Posted: 4/10/2015 1:52:46 PM EDT
[#5]
The Savy Sniper sling is nice, but $130 is a bit much for a sling in my eyes. the V-Tac bungee 2 point seems do be capable at doing all of this at a much cheaper price. I am looking for a nylon sling, not a leather. I personally would put a leather sling on a wooden gun.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 4:33:05 PM EDT
[#6]
I think you misread what the OP is looking for. No where does he state he is looking for a "true tight shooting sling".
The Viking Tactics bungee 2 point sling he liked is very close in function to the Savvy Sniper just not a 2 to 1 convertible or QD.
Both are "tactical" style designs.

"Is there a 2 point sling out there that does it all? I was looking at the Viking Tactics bungee 2 point sling.

I want something that I can have that will tighten up well against my body, but still allowing me to be able to shoot quickly when needed, which is why I was considering a bungee. I have never really cared for a 1 point sling because sometimes I like to throw the AR on my shoulder like a traditional shotgun while I am hunting. Also, I want the sling to help steady my shots with standing and/or kneeling. I am just looking for an all around great sling that can meet all these wants and needs."

The Savvy Sniper easily meets all of his requirements except for price.

You did watch the video?

Quoted:

That is NOT a true tight shooting sling.  At best it would be called a two point that can become a "hasty" shooting sling, which is much less stable.  It lacks an upper arm loop, and is elastic.  So, it cannot do it all.  It is a very good and versatile two point sling in all other respects.

My "every day" AR sling is a Magpul MS3 converted to QD swivels, but it, too, can only operate as a hasty shooting sling.

The best sling to do it all that I have found so far, including one hand operation, two point utility, length and comfort, with true tight sling upper arm loop, is the leather Brownells Latigo.  

You set the loop length one time based on your own arm length and front swivel location on the rifle, and thereafter it adjusts two point length out and in with a simple one hand pull.  It is an elegant clawless adaption of the military 1907 competition sling.  And the leather is gorgeous.  If a true tight shooting sling is needed, it excels. It is available in several widths and in brown or black.

I don't have an uploaded photo on the one on my carbine, but here is one for one of my bolt guns pulled up light for transport or storage, and another for shooting slugs on a tactical shotgun.  The final photo shows more detail of the initial adjustment  holes that thee Chicago fasteners use for the custom arm loop. You can see the upper arm loop well on the shotgun photo.  Your upper arm goes through the back of the front loop and you slide the leather front keeper all the way down, tight against your arm.

http://i1366.photobucket.com/albums/r772/gbloss/874cea74-16f8-4dd5-bcd6-8cb353f96b55_zps4fffe13b.jpg

http://i1366.photobucket.com/albums/r772/gbloss/shotgun13_zps2921aff2.jpg

http://i1366.photobucket.com/albums/r772/gbloss/280MountainRifle_zps280fe7b7.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I know, I own one.

http://i1366.photobucket.com/albums/r772/gbloss/874cea74-16f8-4dd5-bcd6-8cb353f96b55_zps4fffe13b.jpg

http://i1366.photobucket.com/albums/r772/gbloss/280MountainRifle_zps280fe7b7.jpg

Link Posted: 4/10/2015 9:02:39 PM EDT
[#7]
I did watch the video. It is for sure a nice sling, but is it really worth $130 with all the bells and whistles or is the $40 V-Tac a better deal on the price? The V-Tac bungee allows for quick tightening and loosening when needed. I do not plan on going to 1 point, because i do not like how it will/can smack me on the meat paddle. haha Last thing I want is to constantly be cup checked by my rifle.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 11:49:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I did watch the video. It is for sure a nice sling, but is it really worth $130 with all the bells and whistles or is the $40 V-Tac a better deal on the price? The V-Tac bungee allows for quick tightening and loosening when needed. I do not plan on going to 1 point, because i do not like how it will/can smack me on the meat paddle. haha Last thing I want is to constantly be cup checked by my rifle.
View Quote

The video was just to show you the advantages of a well designed sling. I didn't figure you would want to spend that much.
You can get one for half that price if you don't get metal hardware or QD's.

You may not want a single point sling but having the option to instantly go to it is an advantage.
In certain situations where you are not moving a lot, say home defense it works well.
It makes transitions to your weak side easier than a 2 point. Say you are a right handed shooter and want to shoot around a corner on your right side.
To do that requires you expose your left side to the intruder as you aim. If you transition to your left shoulder you expose a much smaller part of your body as you aim.
Single point wouldn't hit the family jewels since you would have the rifle in your hands and it would be easy to swing it to the side to draw a hand gun.

It doesn't cost much to add the convertible feature to a sling, most manufacturers offer that option. Something to think about.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 1:39:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Would the plastic hardware for the Savy Sniper be just a good as the metal? I figured metal would be more of a sales gimmick. I mean, Magpul uses plastic and they seem to work very well.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 2:53:34 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I want something that I can have that will tighten up well against my body, but still allowing me to be able to shoot quickly when needed, which is why I was considering a bungee. I have never really cared for a 1 point sling because sometimes I like to throw the AR on my shoulder like a traditional shotgun while I am hunting. Also, I want the sling to help steady my shots with standing and/or kneeling. I am just looking for an all around great sling that can meet all these wants and needs.
View Quote
Proctor sling is what you want, and IMHO is the best do all 2 point sling out there.

Use paracord as the attachment which imo and experience has held up very well, and this also means it can mount to damn near any rifle.

It can tighten up very snug to your body and the length is adjustable.

It can be carried shotgun style, and the slider adjust easier then any sling I have used or touched including Magpul and Vickers.

IT can be used to wrap around your arm to steady a shot off hand.

O and its $30 bucks so get it while its still cheap.

Link Posted: 4/11/2015 10:42:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I think you misread what the OP is looking for. No where does he state he is looking for a "true tight shooting sling".
The Viking Tactics bungee 2 point sling he liked is very close in function to the Savvy Sniper just not a 2 to 1 convertible or QD.

"Is there a 2 point sling out there that does it all? I was looking at the Viking Tactics bungee 2 point sling.

I want something that I can have that will tighten up well against my body, but still allowing me to be able to shoot quickly when needed, which is why I was considering a bungee. I have never really cared for a 1 point sling because sometimes I like to throw the AR on my shoulder like a traditional shotgun while I am hunting. Also, I want the sling to help steady my shots with standing and/or kneeling. I am just looking for an all around great sling that can meet all these wants and needs."

You did watch the video?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

You did watch the video?

Quoted:
Quoted:
I know, I own one.

I guess I got hung up on the "does it all" phrase.  To me, a two point sling that does it all will have upper arm loop tight shooting sling capability.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 4:37:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Would the plastic hardware for the Savy Sniper be just a good as the metal? I figured metal would be more of a sales gimmick. I mean, Magpul uses plastic and they seem to work very well.
View Quote

Yes the plastic works just fine and makes the sling lighter, I have it on my Savvy Sniper.
Brian the owner of Savvy prefers the plastic himself. They have the metal hardware available for extreme users like the Seals etc and rich folks who want the best.

Savvy had a contract to supply the Marines with a cheaper stripped down version they call the M4 lite, you may like it. It is not 2 to 1 convertible.

http://savvysniper.com/m4lite.html

Keep in mid that Brian has tons of options and will custom build you one in your price range.
Watch this video of him going over some of the options.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXw5iCppC9w
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 4:46:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I guess I got hung up on the "does it all" phrase.  To me, a two point sling that does it all will have upper arm loop tight shooting sling capability.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You did watch the video?

Quoted:
Quoted:
I know, I own one.

No worries. I appreciate your input on your favorite sling. That could very well be the sling I put on the Remington 700 7mm that I buy when deer season rolls around.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 4:50:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Yes the plastic works just fine and makes the sling lighter, I have it on my Savvy Sniper.
Brian the owner of Savvy prefers the plastic himself. They have the metal hardware available for extreme users like the Seals etc and rich folks who want the best.

Savvy had a contract to supply the Marines with a cheaper stripped down version they call the M4 lite, you may like it. It is not 2 to 1 convertible.

Keep in mid that Brian has tons of options and will custom build you one in your price range.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do I contact him via email on how I want a certain sling? Is it a lifetime warranty on the sling itself? I want something that will LAST. And of course, it has to be made in the USA. The only thing that isn't American made on my gun is the Aimpoint.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 5:01:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Now I am leaning towards the Proctor. I love simplicity that is very user friendly.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 5:09:10 PM EDT
[#16]
i dont have any experience with convertible 2 to 1 point slings; however my favorite 2 point sling would be my blue force sling.  The only use I have for a 1 point sling would be if you do transition shooting to support side. I use a 1 point on my sbr and a 2 point on my m4 for working perimeter. 1 point slings suck for comfort when standing perimeter.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 5:17:14 PM EDT
[#17]
The Proctor sling seems to be a nice sling for a low price. I like how it is bare bones. My rail is only 7" since I use a M4 profile AR with an A2 front post sight. I like to keep my AR as bulk free as possible.

Here is my current set up for my pea shooter. Keep in mind, I am a 20 year old full-time college student... All my lunch money goes to guns.

http://s1383.photobucket.com/user/Smith919/media/image_zpssyk7tquh.jpeg.html
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 5:31:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Are there any coupon codes for Way Of the Gun that anyone knows of?
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 6:21:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Do I contact him via email on how I want a certain sling? Is it a lifetime warranty on the sling itself? I want something that will LAST. And of course, it has to be made in the USA. The only thing that isn't American made on my gun is the Aimpoint.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

E-mail or phone if you have questions and pricing.
Lifetime.
Handmade in Brians shop in the great state of Ohio.
(740) 492-0100  [email protected]
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 11:48:24 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Are there any coupon codes for Way Of the Gun that anyone knows of?
View Quote
I dont think so, but again get it while they are still $30 bucks.

Its perfect for you imo.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 2:27:52 AM EDT
[#21]
Would I have to remove my rail covers to properly wrap the 550 cord around my rail?
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 4:35:53 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Would I have to remove my rail covers to properly wrap the 550 cord around my rail?
View Quote
Ladders or panels?

Im sure you can find a a way. Its very adaptable.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 5:42:32 AM EDT
[#23]
I'm a big fan of VTAC and BFG but this one might fill your requirement and is relatively inexpensive.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 9:51:54 AM EDT
[#24]
For me its a padded BFG Vickers with a Magpul QD adapter.

Link Posted: 4/12/2015 11:51:12 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Ladders or panels?  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ladders or panels?  

I have the Magpul XTM rail covers. The kind that comes in pieces.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 10:36:04 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ladders or panels?  

You'll be fine.

Link Posted: 4/12/2015 11:36:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I'm a big fan of VTAC and BFG but this one might fill your requirement and is relatively inexpensive.
View Quote

Is that an American made sling..?
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 12:00:11 AM EDT
[#28]
Will I just strap it around the covers since they are the enhanced grip?
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 2:28:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Take a picture of your setup, and Ill tell you exactly what to do.

ETA: Just leave one slot open at the front of your rail and you'll be good. Dont put it around the covers as it might slip since it needs something to stop it.
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 3:30:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Take a picture of your setup, and Ill tell you exactly what to do.  

ETA: Just leave one slot open at the front of your rail and you'll be good. Dont put it around the covers as it might slip since it needs something to stop it.
View Quote

http://s1383.photobucket.com/user/Smith919/media/image_zpssyk7tquh.jpeg.html?o=0

I can move the XTM covers back about two spots, since I am not going to be using the QD sockets on the rail.
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 6:07:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Yea just move it back.

The Proctor sling works best at the ends of the rifles.
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 6:17:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As far as I know yes and made in Texas.
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 10:24:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Yea just move it back.

The Proctor sling works best at the ends of the rifles.
View Quote

This should be fun figuring out how in the world I am going to remove them.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 11:16:07 AM EDT
[#34]
You might at least want to take a look at Redi-mag 1.2 Convertible Sling.  I have one of these and it's fantastic.

Check out the video on the link.  It really does work that easily.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top