Site Notices
Posted: 4/9/2015 4:07:52 PM EDT
So I wanted a holster system that will work with:

My G19
IDPA/3 gun
Suppressor
SHTF
Molle HSGI battle belt

I used to run just the Condor holster, but I missed the quick draw of my Fobus belt holster. Looking around, Molle holsters looked too bulky and expensive for my tastes. Plus no modularity for my suppressor. I settled for a Crye belt clip:

But it wasn't fast enough. + re-holstering was hard.

After about an hour of thinking, I came up with a mix between the Fobus and the Condor.

I removed the screw on the retention assembly as well as the mounting system (in my case, the Roto belt system). After several practice draws, it was still really hard to un-holster. I thought that the Condor holster was hugging the Fobus too tight. This was not the problem, the Fobus still had a lot of retention even with the screw off. I put a 9mm casing in the trigger guard section of the Fobus holster to let it expand/stretch and let it sit outside in the sun for a day. Sure enough, it has the exact tension I want now. Easy to draw and good tension.

Lip of the Fobus stops at the Conor holster to prevent it from going down.

I drilled a hole in the bottom of the Fobus holster and ran zip ties through the back of the underside molle on it.

Please note: The zip ties are temporary. These are just for testing the concept. While they work perfectly, I am going to make a clip/QD lanyard type system that is more secure on the Molle later.

This is an awesome setup for $30 ($15 for fobus, $15 for condor). I had the fancy Fobus Roto belt holster, but you can get away with the cheapest paddle holster and remove it from it's mounting system (belt or paddle). The holster is really fast, modular (you can use any gun, just buy the right Fobus holster), the thumb brake system on top of the Condor still works and I can still use my suppressor by removing the Fobus holster.
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 5:18:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the inspiration! Today I successfully modded a Hogue Powerspeed for my SIG P320 to fit the Condor universal MOLLE holster using two of the three holster mount bolts to secure the Hogue inside the Condor. Works great w/complete retention so now both drawing and reholstering are much faster (so good, in fact, I completely removed the Condor thumb break straps).
Tomac
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 2:59:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for the inspiration! Today I successfully modded a Hogue Powerspeed for my SIG P320 to fit the Condor universal MOLLE holster using two of the three holster mount bolts to secure the Hogue inside the Condor. Works great w/complete retention so now both drawing and reholstering are much faster (so good, in fact, I completely removed the Condor thumb break straps).
Tomac
View Quote

Yep it's perfect. I take this to IDPA and people always wonder why they hear a plastic hoslter in the Condor.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top