Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/31/2015 8:18:45 PM EDT
So I was thinking, wouldn't it be nice to mount a handgun to the side of my AR rail. I was thinking a smaller 9mm or 380.

But wouldn't it be nice to have the hand gun back up right there next to your hand instead of on your hip, on your vest or where ever you mount it,
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 8:28:23 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

So I was thinking, wouldn't it be nice to mount a handgun to the side of my AR rail. I was thinking a smaller 9mm or 380.

But wouldn't it be nice to have the hand gun back up right there next to your hand instead of on your hip, on your vest or where ever you mount it,
View Quote
STAHP.

Link Posted: 3/31/2015 8:33:20 PM EDT
[#2]
No.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 8:43:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 10:50:32 PM EDT
[#4]
The main reason for a secondary weapon is in case something happens to the primary, if you are separated from your primary you have also lost your secondary. Now, practically speaking it would be heavy and awkward.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 11:13:13 PM EDT
[#5]
I have put some serious thought into this, and I found a very good solution that works with any holster.

Link Posted: 4/1/2015 8:04:59 PM EDT
[#6]
I've been hanging out more lately in the tech forum because GD is getting more wacky every day...now I wonder why I thought the tech forums would be different.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 8:49:39 PM EDT
[#7]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I've been hanging out more lately in the tech forum because GD is getting more wacky every day...now I wonder why I thought the tech forums would be different.
View Quote
You wasted post 7000 on disappointment

Link Posted: 4/1/2015 8:57:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

To me, allot of the follow up posts are a waste to a genuine question. the one post I appreciate was the person who talked about weight being an issue.

It takes a bit of thought, but think about all the junk we hang on our AR15.

If the holster was designed to hold a 380 or similar in a manner that the gun grip would also work as a lower handle. I'm also not saying to eliminate a side arm, just adding another option that is easier to get to.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 9:18:41 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Post count, couldn't care less. I don't think I looked at it since it was 6000, but thanks for reminding me.

OP, if you want to hang a handgun on your AR go for it, but realize 99.99% of this forum will think it isn't a great idea. Be sure to post some pictures.

Link Posted: 4/2/2015 6:22:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

To me, allot of the follow up posts are a waste to a genuine question. the one post I appreciate was the person who talked about weight being an issue.

If the holster was designed to hold a 380 or similar in a manner that the gun grip would also work as a lower handle. I'm also not saying to eliminate a side arm, just adding another option that is easier to get to.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Using a pistol as a fore grip is walking a fine line with the atf
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 12:35:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Not quite what you asked for but close

ETA.( For the record,I think its a horrible idea. Both the holstered sidearm attached to a rifle and the forward grip/handgun abomination I linked to)
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 1:23:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top