Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/11/2015 11:27:49 PM EDT
What is your favorite 2-point AR sling? Why?
I'd like to be able to adjust the length to sling up for position shooting.
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 11:33:50 PM EDT
[#1]
VTAC Bungee. I like the springy action and you can still suck it up pretty tight.
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 11:36:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Basic sturdy song is my choice. If I needed something as you state I would through on a vickers
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 11:02:42 AM EDT
[#3]
I like the Redi-Mag 2.1 convertible.

Why?  It's versatile, adjusts quickly and easily for comfortable 2 point (or 1 point if you desire) carry and near instant adjustment for fire, and it attaches/detaches quickly and easily with no special hardware or attach points.  It just uses the standard sling loops on the front and the slots on your stock.   Oh, and it makes for a very comfortable carry.  I'd be hard pressed to come up with a negative....some might prefer a padded version, I guess.

All at a great price. I know, sounds like a commercial, but I love the thing.  

Oh, and customer service is fantastic.  The guy who designed it saw my post about it a couple weeks ago and said they had improved the stock side attachment buckle and that I should email them through their website.  Four days later I had the new improved part at my doorstep.  That's service.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 1:30:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I almost Fent on that sling but noticed somewhere that it doesn't fit magpul stocks and I love my CTR. what stock do you run?
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 1:44:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Padded VCAS from Blue Force Gear.

Why?
Simple operation, easily adjustable - a material tab comes off the sling, you pull forward or back depending on how you want it adjusted, padding is nice if you are letting your rifle hang a good bit, quality construction/material, great customer service from Blue Force.....and most importantly it just flat out works well for me.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 4:15:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Why?
Simple operation, easily adjustable - a material tab comes off the sling, you pull forward or back depending on how you want it adjusted, padding is nice if you are letting your rifle hang a good bit, quality construction/material, great customer service from Blue Force.....and most importantly it just flat out works well for me.
View Quote

I second this
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 4:51:45 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I second this
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Why?

I second this
this.  we just always called these vickers.

Link Posted: 3/12/2015 5:06:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I almost Fent on that sling but noticed somewhere that it doesn't fit magpul stocks and I love my CTR. what stock do you run?
View Quote

Are you talking about the 2.1?  
If so, the original stock connection point was very tight on my CTR.  The part that they sent me is the updated piece for the stock end....fits easily and holds well.
I run CTR and STR stocks.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 5:40:33 PM EDT
[#9]
VTAC PADDED, NO BUNGEE FOR ME. Why? Look at the videos on you tube.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 6:06:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

If so, the original stock connection point was very tight on my CTR.  The part that they sent me is the updated piece for the stock end....fits easily and holds well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

AWESOME going to FO on one of these. Good price. Excellent idea. Excellent customer service. Made in America. Sold sold sold
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 1:07:45 PM EDT
[#11]
My favorite 2 point AR sling that is quick adjustable and does not loosen for shooting sling support is my LaRue Tactical 2 point Padded sling.

This particular LaRue sling are an exclusive design VTAC made for them by Viking Tactics, except the LaRue version have included heavy duty push button swivels (front are sewn-in) and have front side quick release buckles.

These slings are also great for carrying while hiking, running, and climbing, it always stays very snug.

http://www.laruetactical.com/larue-tactical-padded-sling

Link Posted: 3/13/2015 9:35:56 PM EDT
[#12]
For a true shooting sling I prefer the clawless leather Brownells Latigo.   It is also very beautiful.

For a carry sling that can double as an easily adjustable shooting sling I like the Magpul M3 or M4, depending on the kind of attachments used.
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 2:25:00 PM EDT
[#13]
AGAIN,  VTAC  why? watch the videos on youtube it's better to see than to read.  

NCH
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 6:39:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Why?
View Quote

This is why!
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 10:10:28 PM EDT
[#15]
I use a Proctor sling, simple and works well.
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 12:31:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Padded VCAS
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 5:01:31 PM EDT
[#17]
I prefer Proctor, weighs almost nothing and stays out of the way when not in use and works well and has quick adjust.

But I made this Proctor knock off.
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 6:22:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Magpul MS1 does everything I need a sling to do at an affordable price.
Tomac
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 3:52:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Proctor Sling from Way of the Gun. Super simple. Paracord atachments simple, easy to adjust. Very resonable

Proctor Sling

Link Posted: 3/29/2015 9:57:00 AM EDT
[#20]
Padded VCAS. Had this sling for years through deployment and countless training exercises. One of the best purchases I have ever made.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 4:22:33 PM EDT
[#21]
I've used both Vickers slings and padded VTACs, both of them work well.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 4:56:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Magpul MS1 does everything I need a sling to do at an affordable price.
Tomac
View Quote

+1
This has become my favorite sling
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 2:55:12 PM EDT
[#23]
another VCAS user here.
simple design and very easy to use. the padded version its a pleasure to use for a long period.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 3:00:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
VTAC PADDED, NO BUNGEE FOR ME. Why? Look at the videos on you tube.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/1/2015 3:31:55 PM EDT
[#25]
I have a vtac padded and a magpul ms4, I like the ms4 a little better, but both are too notch
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 3:57:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

How would you attach that to a Magpul MOE handguard though?
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 7:10:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like so.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 8:18:59 PM EDT
[#28]
So I need a light.

I will tell my wife and get on it.....

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 8:21:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
So I need a light.

I will tell my wife and get on it.....

View Quote

You don't need a light, it goes on fine without it.
pre light
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 8:27:41 PM EDT
[#30]
No.   It needs the light.   That is what I am telling the wife.

:)

Link Posted: 4/2/2015 8:29:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

OK

In case you didn't know, the light and mount is an IWC SMC MOE mount with Surefire G2X Tactical.
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 7:08:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

My wife still regrets asking how I'm supposed to shoot at a bad guy at night. She now hates Surefire and Larue Tactical even more!
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 11:05:49 PM EDT
[#33]
The Viking Tactics Padded Sling was designed with the same great features as the original Viking Tactics Sling, but with added comfort for carrying heavier firearms.  I like it because if you master this sling it's beneficial to the Tactical Environment. It took me all but 15 minutes to master it. There are videos that show the basics maneuvers, but there are a few that were not shown in any of the videos and is kept secret by me. Yes, if I showed you I would have to, well you know.....
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 3:44:11 PM EDT
[#34]
I like proctor, sheriff of Baghdad, and vtac slings.
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 5:56:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 6:17:54 AM EDT
[#36]
Blue force Vickers with a Magpul QD adaptor, does everything I want it too.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 9:18:01 PM EDT
[#37]
VTAC Mk2

Why? easy to adjust, large adjustment range, you can tighten it up very tight.

Non padded VCAS is second on the list.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 11:53:14 AM EDT
[#38]
Padded VCAS.  Adjusts very quickly with no trailing strap, and as long as you put the front attachment point in front of where your support hand grips the handguard (not behind like a lot of guys do), it is highly effective as a marksmanship aid when adjusted in tight and used with the "hasty sling" method.  The hasty sling method actually works much better with a tactical sling than it does with a regular shoulder carry sling... the fact that the sling runs over your back keeps it from sliding down your support arm.  Also, having it mount to the side of the handguard rather than the bottom doesn't change anything, and actually keeps the rifle from wanting to cant in the prone and seated positions, like a hasty sling tends to with a shoulder carry sling on bottom-mounted swivels.  Put the attachment point right in front of where your support hand goes with your elbow bent 90 degrees.  It then works as a hand stop when used as a shooting sling, and for close quarters shooting, just grab out in front of the swivel.  It works like an index point for that as well.  Here is how my carbine looks:

Link Posted: 4/19/2015 1:28:49 PM EDT
[#39]
Pretty much what henschman said
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 2:14:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Blue Force Gear VCAS. I have the Proctor sling and a Gear Dynamics Accelerator sling too. I've found the Blue Force Gear VCAS to be best for me, but the other two are great as well.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 9:23:43 PM EDT
[#41]
I've gotten to where I'm either using a standard issue black silent sling or a Vicker's sling.  I was thankful enough to be issued a coyote tan Vicker's sling when I was in the Army, along with the rest of my unit, still use that sling to this day.  Love it
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 7:52:18 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 6:25:28 PM EDT
[#43]
VTAC padded works for me.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 6:38:15 PM EDT
[#44]
O.D. GI issue. It does what it is supposed to do.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 7:39:11 AM EDT
[#45]
I like my Sheriff of Baghdad sling.  I find it easier to use than the other slings I have.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 5:09:29 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
My favorite 2 point AR sling that is quick adjustable and does not loosen for shooting sling support is my LaRue Tactical 2 point Padded sling.

This particular LaRue sling are an exclusive design VTAC made for them by Viking Tactics, except the LaRue version have included heavy duty push button swivels (front are sewn-in) and have front side quick release buckles.

These slings are also great for carrying while hiking, running, and climbing, it always stays very snug.

http://www.laruetactical.com/larue-tactical-padded-sling

View Quote

After using several different types of sling the one linked above is what I always go back to.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 9:11:51 PM EDT
[#47]
Another vote for the BFG Vickers sling with padding. Those things are amazing. I am a nobody who hasn't tried a lot of slings. My buddy who was in the 75th Rangers liked them but he is a Troy padded guy.
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 9:25:46 PM EDT
[#48]
Savvy Sniper has not been mentioned.  This is what I'm using right now - like it a lot.

http://savvysniper.com/quadsling.html
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 6:55:19 AM EDT
[#49]
I guess I'll be different and say VTAC NON-padded
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 7:44:20 AM EDT
[#50]
two $15 ones i got off ebay/Amazon. cheap and they work.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top