Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/3/2015 5:59:02 PM EDT
First time poster long time reader thinking of getting a new sling i have the option of qd already set up how strong and reliable are they and what brands are preferred? I know they make some that have a flush head on the swivel and they have some slings like the ms4 that have a qd already attached who has experience with this set up that has advice?

May also run one and two at times.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 7:24:40 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

First time poster long time reader thinking of getting a new sling i have the option of qd already set up how strong and reliable are they and what brands are preferred? I know they make some that have a flush head on the swivel and they have some slings like the ms4 that have a qd already attached who has experience with this set up that has advice?

View Quote
The only decent advice I can offer is to stay away from cheap, off-brand QD swivels and sockets like you find on Flea-bay and Amazon..  I haven't had any problems with my Magpul stuff (attachments or slings), and I give them a fairly good workout.

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 7:27:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The only decent advice I can offer is to stay away from cheap, off-brand QD swivels and sockets like you find on Flea-bay and Amazon..  I haven't had any problems with my Magpul stuff (attachments or slings), and I give them a fairly good workout.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good advice here.  I have used the Magpul QD swivels and Wilson Combat and had no problems.  Geissele has just introduced one that is supposed to be super strong and uses a different internal mechanism.  Have not tried it, but you might want to check out any of these three.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 7:29:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Thank you i quit buying junk years ago i think i will give the magpul a try for the price of two good swivels and a quality sling it probably is cheaper.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 7:50:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I've used Troy and Daniel Defense with good results.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 8:26:41 PM EDT
[#5]
My Blue Force Vickers QD sling is legit.  Check them out.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 8:54:25 PM EDT
[#6]
I won't go so far as to say something else like your sling will break first, but you are going to have one helluva time damaging a high quality QD swivel.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 8:58:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
My Blue Force Vickers QD sling is legit.  Check them out.
View Quote

Nice did you order it from Blue Force? I like that set up at least it looks like it would be ideal for me.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 8:59:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Magpul, LMT...whatever you get don't go cheap. Your nice rifle and expensive optics are at stake if they fail.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 9:04:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Magpul, LMT...whatever you get don't go cheap. Your nice rifle and expensive optics are at stake if they fail.
View Quote

Yeah I learned the hard way that cheap firearms, optics, and accessories are not for me and I always tell people who are new to go quality when buying but they rarely listen.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 10:31:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 2:04:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Magpul MS4 gen 2. Everything you seem to be looking for in one package. I prefer single-point while in use and 2-point slung on my back for climbing and general jumping around, and have had zero issues from the sling getting slide-hammered.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 1:11:15 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm using major brands heavy duty push button QD sling swivels from Blue Force Gear, Colt, Daniel Defense, Damage Industries, Gear Sector, Knight's Armament Co., LMT, Uncle Mikes, Viking Tactics, and Vltor, all works fine without any problems.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 8:23:52 PM EDT
[#13]
I really like the Damage "D" loops.  If you want to spend silly money then maybe ALG
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top