Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/1/2015 10:05:45 PM EDT
I am wanting a duel QD sling this seems to be exactly what im looking for but am not sure if its worth the $60-80 retailers are asking.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 11:56:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Right now it's only 55.00 shipped at EGOZ Tactical. They're having 12% off all Magpul accessories. Just ordered one today.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 12:31:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I am wanting a duel QD sling this seems to be exactly what im looking for but am not sure if its worth the $60-80 retailers are asking.
View Quote

They also have a padded version but it's sold with out the ends. You have to piece it together.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 4:40:43 AM EDT
[#3]
I've been very happy with this sling. All hardware is made from quality metals, not plastic.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 11:03:09 AM EDT
[#4]
It seems like a very nice sling, but I don't think there worth the money. That's why I trolled the EE for the last two months, and finally got a new one for $40 shipped. That's a way better price, yeah I'm cheap.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 11:19:40 AM EDT
[#5]
It's a great sling but I really didn't want to spend $60 on one either. Luckily I caught tiger outfitters 50% off sale on new years and got one from them
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 9:05:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Alright I think im just gonna go ahead and get one, though i may wait for it to go on sale some where.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 11:38:03 PM EDT
[#7]
I converted a MS3 to dual QD and am very happy with it.  RSA QD anti-rotation mount in front and a dual socket ACS stock in the rear with a socket on both left and right sides.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 11:54:27 AM EDT
[#8]
My google must be broken. I can't find any info on a padded MS4
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 12:31:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My google must be broken. I can't find any info on a padded MS4
View Quote

Yeah, I wasn't aware of a specific padded MS4 either.  I have the padded MS1, and correct me if I'm wrong, but can't you make just about any of the Magpul slings by mixing/matching their wide array of sling attachments and options?  Yes, you can spend a bundle of money in the end, but you can come up with the sling(s) you want for just about every conceivable situation.  I've gone this route by finding a couple of unpadded gen II MS1's that were on sale for $20 just to give more options, but I had to spend near MSRP for the padded MS1 which has been my go-to sling.  And Magpul hardware allows you to equip every gun so that you can use just one high dollar optioned sling if you so desire.  Pop the sling on and off in seconds and move on.  I also like VTACS, BF, and Vickers slings too, but I haven't found a better, less cluttered sling quick adjuster than the slim, unobtrusive Magpul item.  Overall the Magpul seems to provide the most modularity in sling setup you can get.  This isn't that important to some, so other candidates exist for those purposes.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 10:13:15 PM EDT
[#10]
The only padded version they have released is the MS1. The last time I priced it out I think It was around $80 to buy the padded MS1 and add the adapters to make an MS4
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 10:52:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 12:20:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Yep you build your MS4 padded out of Magpul accessories.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 12:43:55 AM EDT
[#13]
$39.99 shippedhave ordered several at $34 last year and both arrived as promised!
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 2:45:08 AM EDT
[#14]
Well worth it as I have the MS3 version.

Does everything you need, and more.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 3:47:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
$39.99 shippedhave ordered several at $34 last year and both arrived as promised!
View Quote

Good buy but that is the older version.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 8:28:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Maybe it's not a bad buy if you can buy the pad and ms4 hardware to make a padded ms4. But I can't find where to by the pad or hardware on magpuls site
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 10:59:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Maybe it's not a bad buy if you can buy the pad and ms4 hardware to make a padded ms4. But I can't find where to by the pad or hardware on magpuls site
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=XMAG545BLK
http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=XMAG519BLK
http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=XMAG540

$94.85 shipped

Quoted:
Quoted:

Good buy but that is the older version.

The older version has a different adjustment mechanism and is very difficult to adjust one handed. The second gen is MUCH better
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 9:23:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Yeah, the quick-adjust slide buckle on the newer generation Magpul slings are amazing, and it's what really makes them shine IMO.  On the padded part of the sling, this isn't an add-on.  In fact that's one of the better benefits of the MS1 padded sling.  It is a very effective comfort design without that big, bulky, profile you get with some padded slings.  I've seen some add-on sling pads, and they seem to invariably slip around on the base sling.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top