BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/1/2015 5:04:02 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 5:21:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks neat but I'm not going to try it for $99.99.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 5:22:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I have seen them before. Look like a good idea. Wonder if they will screw up the trigger guard and cover up roll markings.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 5:31:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks better than the Arredondo
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 5:38:16 PM EDT
[#4]
aimed at 3 gunners maybe?  Not for me though.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 10:19:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Okay, I'll be the guinea pig, I just pre-ordered the new single-piece version. I have two identical AR's so when it arrives I'll do a reload time comparison between the two of them.
Tomac
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 10:17:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Just got around to installing my Lancer Adaptive Magwell. It is extremely well made, very solid, and it definitely makes reloads easier.

I ran through reload drills for about thirty minutes solid with, with a huge stack of empty mags, I was definitely able to get the mags into the receive a lot faster, wthout looking, eyes closed, over and over again.

Glad I got it.

Link Posted: 3/29/2015 2:53:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just got around to installing my Lancer Adaptive Magwell. It is extremely well made, very solid, and it definitely makes reloads easier.

I ran through reload drills for about thirty minutes solid with, with a huge stack of empty mags, I was definitely able to get the mags into the receive a lot faster, wthout looking, eyes closed, over and over again.

Glad I got it.

View Quote

Do you have an approx weight?
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 3:09:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Okay, I'll be the guinea pig, I just pre-ordered the new single-piece version. I have two identical AR's so when it arrives I'll do a reload time comparison between the two of them.
Tomac
View Quote

Got your review yet Tomac?
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 5:53:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Tomac

Not yet, the single piece unit is still on pre-order.
Tomac
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 8:18:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Anyone have pics of it mounted
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 6:56:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

I fave run the Arredondo on one of my rifles for many years, I dont see how lancers double the cost version would do anything better. I mean with the cost of it and a lower, you might as well but the lancer lower reciver with the magwell built in, thats about the only way you will improve on it.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 7:14:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
aimed at 3 gunners maybe?  Not for me though.
View Quote

Came here to post this
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 7:16:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I fave run the Arredondo on one of my rifles for many years, I dont see how lancers double the cost version would do anything better. I mean with the cost of it and a lower, you might as well but the lancer lower reciver with the magwell built in, thats about the only way you will improve on it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I said looks better, not performs better.
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 4:14:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Got the chance to try the 2-piece version on a friend's AR today. Have to admit, it made reloads both faster and smoother. However, for me it's not $100 worth of faster/smoother (YMMV) so I cancelled my order w/Lancer (for $50 I'd be all over it, though!).
Tomac
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 8:23:19 AM EDT
[#15]
What mags are these compatible with? Obviously GI mags and I've seen Lancer's in them...

What about Gen3 PMAGs? Surefire 60's? 100's? Beta Mag?

Inquiring minds want to know
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 4:15:18 AM EDT
[#16]
looks badass!

But not $100 badass!
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 4:16:51 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
What mags are these compatible with? Obviously GI mags and I've seen Lancer's in them...

View Quote

Come on man! Know HOW your gun works! Judging by how this thing fits onto the rifle, I'd say it's compatible with any mag you can jam into your gun since it's not going to chage its internal dimensions.
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 4:41:54 AM EDT
[#18]
Jesus, $99 bucks? Couldn't they just cast that out of pmag plastic and charge like $39.99 and shave off weight? It just seems aluminum is overkill.
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 4:48:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Not for me at $100.
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 8:54:50 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Come on man! Know HOW your gun works! Judging by how this thing fits onto the rifle, I'd say it's compatible with any mag you can jam into your gun since it's not going to chage its internal dimensions.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Obviously you don't own any of those mags nor are you aware of the known compatibility issues with them in regards to different lowers with enlarged magwells.

Try putting a Gen3 PMAG into a Gen2 Noveske Lower and get back with me.

I'd say I know PLENTY about HOW my gun works - I carry one daily for a living...Not to mention I've built more than I can count on my fingers and toes in the past 10 years.
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 1:16:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Obviously you don't own any of those mags nor are you aware of the known compatibility issues with them in regards to different lowers with enlarged magwells.

I'd say I know PLENTY about HOW my gun works - I carry one daily for a living...Not to mention I've built more than I can count on my fingers and toes in the past 10 years.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's not accurate about Gen 2 noveske flared lowers not working with Gen 3 pmags.  I have both and they fit fine.  Surefire mags OTOH are rumored not to work.  I'm not buying a 100$ mag to test it.  
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 3:48:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

That's not accurate about Gen 2 noveske flared lowers not working with Gen 3 pmags.  I have both and they fit fine.  Surefire mags OTOH are rumored not to work.  I'm not buying a 100$ mag to test it.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They changed them slightly at some point. The early 2nd gens, of which I had one, would not seat a Gen3 PMAG due to the anti-overinsertion tabs that are unique to the Gen3. The solution was to take a dremel to the tabs - not a big deal until you're talking about having to do that with EVERY mag you have (if you've got a few more than a handful). I need complete magazine compatibility across the board as I may need to "borrow" from a co-worker and not being able to feed my rifle in that type of a scenario is unacceptable to me. The only other solution was to modify the lower - and seeing as I don't own a mill - that was a non-starter. Here's a link with photos:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_17/606769_Pmag_M3_modification_for_Noveske_Gen_II_lower_pictures___.html

The Surefire 60's and 100's most definitely did not fit in mine.
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 5:45:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Fair enough.   I'd probably mill the lower if it mattered.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 10:55:44 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll say again, look at how your gun works, and more importantly how it is constructed. No I don't own a sexy boutique racing gun.  Nor will I due to the issues that you mention. In regards to my statement, those issues you mentioned in your second post are internal to the gun itself. An external clamp on addition will do absolutely nothing to the gun's ability to accept various magazines as all dimensions are larger than that of the mag-well. The only lowers I'd imaging this would have a problem with are the ones with custom milled/profiled mag-wells. Again. Not a magazine compatibility issue, it's a gun compatibility issue.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top