Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/1/2015 11:49:10 AM EDT
I have the standard Magpul type  2-1 sling for my AR. I've seen single point slings now with a bungee style absorbing lower section and I wonder if they're any good or a pita? I had a "shock absorbing" neoprene sling on my deer rifle for one outing and it made the rifle bounce the entire time.  Just wondering if those AR bungee type slings are any good? Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 1:18:51 PM EDT
[#1]
And then you have to consider how much "bungee" a given single point may have if you go that route.  There is probably no absolute in this category, but for me once a rifle gets to the 7-pound and higher range, a single point seems a little hard on my neck...and no, I'm not wearing heavy tactical gear.  I think the reason you see many SWAT applications using a single point is that they are wearing heavy clothing, vests, and such that tend to spread the load where the strap goes, and the fact that they don't have a relatively bare chest for a "bouncy" short barrel firearm to bang against.  The heavier the gun, the more it tends to bounce and act like a pendulum without constantly holding it.  I have a Black Rain Ordinance single point that has a minimum bungee design to limit the rubber band effect.  Still, I will only use it for my Kel Tec PLR16 in 5.56...which is actually a big pistol...and rarely for a Steyr Aug 5.56.  Both guns are short and compact, and if a lot of movement isn't required, my single point works decently well for those firearms.

Overall, however, I tend to go with a quick adjust, 2-point, combat style sling like a padded MS1 or others.  Many of these types of slings in Vickers, VTAC, Blue Force, and similar will work quite well in all other applications.  The convertible Magpuls and others are probably even better.  I don't put a lot of store in the bungee feature, but like I said at first, people are different and there's no absolute.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top