Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/26/2015 2:44:54 PM EDT
Hello all, I currently have an AR15 that I am going to put  scope on and my current soft case isnt going to be big enough to accommodate the gun and scope together. Just looking for some suggestions on soft cases that are big enough to accommodate the scope.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 2:56:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a couple of these from midway.  They work, and the price is right.  They have a heavy duty version, also I see.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/939239907/midwayusa-tactical-rifle-case?cm_vc=ProductFinding
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 8:10:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Hello all, I currently have an AR15 that I am going to put  scope on and my current soft case isnt going to be big enough to accommodate the gun and scope together. Just looking for some suggestions on soft cases that are big enough to accommodate the scope.
View Quote

What case you have now would be a huge help in determining how big you need to go.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 11:44:33 AM EDT
[#3]
I've got that 42" Midway case as well and it's a nice setup.  I will say that the outer mag pockets are kind of smallish though.  Pretty tight.  Maybe they'll loosen with time and use.
The case is well made, sturdy, strong zippers.  My AR fits fine with a large red-dot sight on top no problem.  I do wish the two internal straps for holding the gun were in different spots, and were attached to the inside of the case, not free-floating.  Makes it a pain sometimes when you try to un-strip the Velcro and they slide out of their holding straps.  I may rivet or sew them to the case.

All-in-all, you cannot beat the price for the quality you get.

Link Posted: 2/28/2015 12:34:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Take a look at Voodoo Tactical cases too. I have the 36" for my 18" with collapsible carbine stock and Vortex Razor HD 1-6 in a BoBro mount.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 6:44:54 AM EDT
[#5]
I am not sure of what brand it is since it was given as a gift and had no tags. Once i get my scope on I will just have to take some measurements from bottom of grip to top of scope and go off of that. Its the height aspect i need not length. thank for your help.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 9:49:22 AM EDT
[#6]
I bought a Bulldog Extreme I think it was called form Optics Planet. It was about $35 and came in about 4 different sizes. Also in 2 colors. I holds my POF scoped 308 fine as well as a standard M4. This is a basic getting to the range or going hunting kind of case. Not super tactical ubber sniper drag bag thing. It works well and I will prob buy another since I am using only one for 2 rifles.

Mike
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top