Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/6/2015 7:31:47 PM EDT
I picked up a MOE SL handguard and a MS3 sling with the paraclip attachments. The Magpul M-Lok paraclip sling attachment isn't available anywhere yet (that I can find). Any suggestions on another brand of sling attachment loop that will mount to an M-Lok handgaurd?

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 3:31:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Why not just wait a short while for the release, if you do not have a rail on top of the handguard?  Otherwise, I'd suggest you get a  Magpul RSA.  If you can mount it somehow on that handguard, the RSA is the perfect offset angle for two point carry.
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 10:06:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a padded MS1 padded sling with a paraclip threaded into the front attachment point of the sling.  On two AR's with MOE handguards, I have a MSA on the front of one handguard and an RSA on the gas rail of the other.  I love both, and they work excellently.  Doesn't the MSA sling loop fit in that slotted portion of all MOE handguards?
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 11:03:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought the MOE MSA thinking it would fit but it doesn't... The MOE SL only has m-lok slots on it and not regular MOE slots. I could get a M-lok picatinny rail and would haveall sorts  of options, but I'd rather wait till the paraclip M-lok mount is available from Magpul. Just thought I'd throw my predicament out there and see if someone knew of any other M-lok paraclip type attachments other than the magpul.

Thanks for the reply.
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 12:24:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I bought the MOE MSA thinking it would fit but it doesn't... The MOE SL only has m-lok slots on it and not regular MOE slots. I could get a M-lok picatinny rail and would haveall sorts  of options, but I'd rather wait till the paraclip M-lok mount is available from Magpul. Just thought I'd throw my predicament out there and see if someone knew of any other M-lok paraclip type attachments other than the magpul.

Thanks for the reply.
View Quote

I wouldn't question that you're right about the incompatibility.  However, the slots look identical, don't they?  I know the M-Lok fitting uses two fasteners and the MSA uses one with a plate that fastens on the inside of the slot.  I'm sure you probably tried to fit the MSA fitting that you have into that slot.  What was it that didn't allow the plate to go inside with the MSA fitting on the outside?  Just curious.
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 1:07:27 AM EDT
[#5]
I wouldn't question that you're right about the incompatibility.  However, the slots look identical, don't they?  I know the M-Lok fitting uses two fasteners and the MSA uses one with a plate that fastens on the inside of the slot.  I'm sure you probably tried to fit the MSA fitting that you have into that slot.  What was it that didn't allow the plate to go inside with the MSA fitting on the outside?  Just curious.
View Quote

Its not so much that it doesn't fit, it just isn't right. The little plate passes through when parallel with the slot and there is nothing keeping the plate or the MSA from spinning once mounted if you put the plate at an angle or perpendicular to the slot. I don't have a lot of experience with the MOE handguards or accessories but it just seemed cheesy when I tried to install it. I didn't know that the MOE SL was and M-Lok handguard when I bought it until I tried to mount the MSA and then read the directions from the handgaurd. I did the online chat with technical support at Brownells and talked with the guy at the local shop I bought the MSA from and both said the same thing.... that it could work half-assed, but it's not right. I don't want something like the sling attachment point to be compromised.

A quad rail is starting to look really attractive at this point... but I really like the MOE SL feel and fit since my weapon has the front sight post. They sell MOE to M-Lok adapters so you can mount M-Lok accessories to an MOE handgaurd, but not the other way around...
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 2:27:45 AM EDT
[#6]
You could just go low tech and loop some 550 paracord through 2 of the slots.  It's cheap, it works and it will probably get you through until the mounts come out.
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 4:19:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 11:33:17 AM EDT
[#8]
You could always combine an m-lok qd mount and the qd paraclip adapter
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 4:48:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Its not so much that it doesn't fit, it just isn't right. The little plate passes through when parallel with the slot and there is nothing keeping the plate or the MSA from spinning once mounted if you put the plate at an angle or perpendicular to the slot. I don't have a lot of experience with the MOE handguards or accessories but it just seemed cheesy when I tried to install it. I didn't know that the MOE SL was and M-Lok handguard when I bought it until I tried to mount the MSA and then read the directions from the handgaurd. I did the online chat with technical support at Brownells and talked with the guy at the local shop I bought the MSA from and both said the same thing.... that it could work half-assed, but it's not right. I don't want something like the sling attachment point to be compromised.

A quad rail is starting to look really attractive at this point... but I really like the MOE SL feel and fit since my weapon has the front sight post. They sell MOE to M-Lok adapters so you can mount M-Lok accessories to an MOE handgaurd, but not the other way around...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I agree with you on the feel/ergonomics of the MOE handguards.  While stuff like this can be very preferential, I hated the old-school OEM clamshell units on my AR10's, and frankly I'm not that fond of most of the free float handguards I've handled on friend's guns...not because they were free float, but because of the generally round shape of most of them.  The MOE's have that somewhat triangular shape that seem to fit the cup of the shooter's hand.  Again...this stuff is highly preferential and not a one-size-fits-all...literally.  I also like the feel of the material of the MOE material in a bare hand.
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 5:43:55 PM EDT
[#10]
I like the idea of the Paracord... would get me by till the M-Lok paraclip mount from Magpul comes out and I could start using the MOE SL handgaurd right away and ditch the regular round one that came with my gun.

Thanks everyone for the ideas and replies.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 1:11:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Well after a few weeks of exercising some patience, the M-Lok sling mount from Magpul finally hit the online retailers. Picked one up from MidWay.

Link Posted: 3/19/2015 3:00:10 PM EDT
[#12]
looks good
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top