Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2015 4:24:21 PM EDT
I really like the ACE stock on my SPR, but I was never happy with the sling mounting options that it offered.
So after contemplating for a while on a best way to add a QD socket, I came up with this:

This is a Noveske QD mount installed though the rear wall of the stock.

So far it works great, lets me carry my rifle up as high as possible and it lets me switch b/w right hand and left hand sling mount. (Sorry for crappy cellphone pictures)

That is oil from drilling the stock..

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 5:10:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Very nice modification.  What size hole was drilled?
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 6:08:51 PM EDT
[#2]
1/2" hole, and some milling on the back for the nut.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 4:54:04 PM EDT
[#3]
These GrovTec QD sling swivel bases should work too. They're definitely cheaper. They should be easier to install. Just drill a hole from the back side, run the thread tap through, apply Loctite and screw it in place.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 5:35:36 PM EDT
[#4]
nice sling!
we are workin on something....
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 7:32:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
nice sling!
we are workin on something....
View Quote

Are you saying you are working on an QD mount for the ACE stock so we don't have to poke 'n hope trying to find something? I've been holding off on adding QD mounts to mine because I'm not about to buy 100 different sockets in hopes something will work.
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 10:43:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Exactly what I've been looking to do.
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 9:35:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Looks great. Bravo sir
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 11:07:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
These GrovTec QD sling swivel bases should work too. They're definitely cheaper. They should be easier to install. Just drill a hole from the back side, run the thread tap through, apply Loctite and screw it in place.
View Quote

THIS is the route I'd go.
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 7:45:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Been looking at the GrovTec myself. What the advantage, if any, of the limited rotation base as opposed to the regular base?
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 11:08:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Been looking at the GrovTec myself. What the advantage, if any, of the limited rotation base as opposed to the regular base?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Limited Rotation" is becoming the standard these days. The benefit of it is that your sling doesn't get all twisted up from moving the firearm around (such as transitioning, unshouldering, etc).
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 7:49:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

"Limited Rotation" is becoming the standard these days. The benefit of it is that your sling doesn't get all twisted up from moving the firearm around (such as transitioning, unshouldering, etc).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks. I will have to look into that.
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 8:36:27 PM EDT
[#12]
How is the hole drilled given that it on the inside and there doesn't appear to have much room to get a bit inside there?
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 8:38:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Got it.
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 8:13:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
How is the hole drilled given that it on the inside and there doesn't appear to have much room to get a bit inside there?
View Quote

Would imagine that it was drilled from the rear, with the threaded Grove tec sockets I'd be tempted to thread the drilled hole and place a set screw behind the socket essentially locking it into place.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top