Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/22/2015 1:11:51 AM EDT
I'm about to make another sling for myself that closely resembles a VTac.  I've heard people were using 1'' nylon vs. the 1.5'' nylon I used for my first sling and was wondering if people have found the 1'' very comfortable compared to the 1.5''?  I also am wondering what material you would recommend, Polypropylene, Nylon, or Polyester?  Any and all help is greatly appreciated.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 1:25:47 AM EDT
[#1]
The para cord versions that have been showing up at gun shows lately look comfortable.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 4:15:22 AM EDT
[#2]
I would recommend sticking with nylon webbing.The width is up to you,but MIL-17337 will get the job done. You could also use the newer MIL-43668 as well.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 11:06:39 AM EDT
[#3]
I prefer 1.5" webbing for my home made slings.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 11:56:16 PM EDT
[#4]
On mine, I used 1" webbing for the base, but then added two layers of 1.5" sewn down onto the area that comes around and in contact with the body (think of where the padded portion is on padded slings).

This allowed me to use the 1" hardware I had on hand while still having the comfort of the wider sling.  I used milspec nylon webbing.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 8:49:17 AM EDT
[#5]
I made my own from strapworks.com, I ordered the commercial MIL 4088 1.5 inch nylon webbing. The color charts on the website are not real accurate but it was so cheap I just order all the colors. Think 4 ft peice was like $3.75. They have all the different plastic and metal hardware too. Fast/cheap shipping also.

Check them out,
Mike
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 3:46:29 PM EDT
[#6]
1in tubular nylon is 36 cents/foot at REI. Thats wht I use. ordered cheap hardware from amazon/ebay
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 5:51:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I made my own from strapworks.com, I ordered the commercial MIL 4088 1.5 inch nylon webbing. The color charts on the website are not real accurate but it was so cheap I just order all the colors. Think 4 ft peice was like $3.75. They have all the different plastic and metal hardware too. Fast/cheap shipping also.

Check them out,
Mike
View Quote

THIS. I love that site. I used them multiple times and they are cheap with fast shipping. Total win.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 9:22:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Don't forget to make it quick adjustable, It's a big compromise without.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:45:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Get the polyester,it's only a few cents more per foot but is much smoother and a lot more comfortable. And yes go through strapworks, they r awesome.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top