Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/9/2015 3:59:13 PM EDT
I notice they seem to make them in different styles, this is the one I like
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/ARR-431
It looks like an AK grip to me, is that what it feels like?
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 12:47:30 PM EDT
[#1]
btt
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 8:50:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Save it for GD...VA-gunnut

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:54:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 3:32:57 PM EDT
[#4]
It's an AK grip with fish scales for an AR.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 2:32:29 AM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Thanks for making me edit your post too...VA-gunnut

View Quote

Yeh so,..... this isn't GD

Link Posted: 1/28/2015 8:10:05 PM EDT
[#6]
I bought one bc I found it for cheap at Dicks a year or so ago. I did not like it for a simple reason, the gap between the grip and the trigger guard rubbed the crap out of my middle finger. If I can find it your welcome to it for cost of shipping.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 1:45:45 AM EDT
[#7]
I had one for a week about 3yrs back or something, right after they hit the market.  That thing is ridiculously small.  I hated it.  My pinky would hang off the bottom like a small 380 pistol and it was just plain too small in about every dimension.  Probably one of the smallest on the market.  My wife loved it, and I probably should have kept it for her, but she also likes the A2 grips so I am all about the cheap.  From then on, I simply have taken the standard A2 grips to the grinder then sander to remove the finger nub in the middle and it is by far the best bang for the buck comfort wise for me.  Might try some stippling at some point, but frankly I think that is kind of dumb.

So to summarize:  If you have tiny girl hands, it's fine (excluding all of the political crap with troy).  If you have strong, big, masculine hands, I would probably avoid.  Unless of course you are used to gripping tiny things
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 12:20:36 PM EDT
[#8]
I have one.
As others have stated it is small, short & probably will rub your middle finger from the gap.
It's also very thin.
That said I do kinda like it. My biggest gripe is the length. I think another 1/4" would have been great.
I don't think Troy makes them anymore.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top