Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2015 11:38:36 AM EDT
What is the best fixed stock out there...Im looking at getting the Magpul MOE Fixed Carbine stock for my rifle, but may want to see what else is out there.. Anybody have any good experience with others besides magpul?
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 11:50:15 AM EDT
[#1]
The A1 stock is good
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 11:57:37 AM EDT
[#2]
I like the Ace skeleton.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 12:00:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I thought about purchasing a couple of the new trendy fixed stocks, but wound up using A2's.  I'm using 4 & 6 position adjustables on a couple of others, and a SB15, but on the ones I need/want fixed stocks on, I decided I couldn't beat the A1/A2 for the $$$'s.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 2:36:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm totally in love with my fixed carbine stock. I ordered a second one and it should be coming in today. I also picked up a couple extended pads to try out on them. I don't think you can do any better for $29 delivered.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 11:22:32 PM EDT
[#5]
A2 stock/buffer tube hard to beat for fixed stock with absolutely no play.
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 12:45:00 AM EDT
[#6]
do you want short or long?

The RRA entry stock is good for a short one. The Sully Stock is ok for a medium-short (with the 1" extender). Otherwise the A2 is solid, as is the Magpul PRS.
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 1:07:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Check out the VLTOR fixed stocks.
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 1:45:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Cavalry Mfg's A1 length fixed stock is simple, lightweight and gets the job done.
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 2:21:06 AM EDT
[#9]
You'll not beat the value of the MP FCS. It's a winner (although I wish it was 1" shorter) and only $30.
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 3:18:34 AM EDT
[#10]
One vote each for the ...

ACE ARFX
Cav Mfg A1 (available in a variety of colors) ... Get the A2 style butt plate.

Link Posted: 1/10/2015 4:05:18 AM EDT
[#11]
BCM Gunfighter
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 6:18:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
BCM Gunfighter
View Quote

Fixed stock?
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 6:51:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Fixed stock?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
BCM Gunfighter

Fixed stock?

Damn i can't even claim I was drinking last night when I said that...  Must have missed the fixed part.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 1:05:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Love the A1 stock; I run the kit from Cavarms kit from Fulton Armory, that has A2 buttplate.

I also added an IWC qd socket to mine.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 9:37:59 AM EDT
[#15]
Thanks for all the input. I think the moe fixed stock for the money can't be beat. Probably pick one up this weekend
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 10:00:30 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Thanks for all the input. I think the moe fixed stock for the money can't be beat. Probably pick one up this weekend
View Quote
They are pretty good stocks but a little short for shooting prone.  They also don't have as nice of a cheek weld as the VLTOR does.  If you were local I would let you try both so you could make a better decision on what fits your shooting style.

Link Posted: 1/13/2015 10:04:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Efx-a1 or ace arsfx.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 12:58:58 AM EDT
[#18]
I've tried a pile of stocks. came to the conclusion that A1 length fixed stock is my ideal setup. ace didn't impress me much. I liked the magpul, likes the vltor a little more, but in the end put  cav arms C1 stocks on most of my guns. classy looks. functional. simple.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:42:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:50:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 4:09:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I like the Ace skeleton.
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 4:14:27 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The RRA entry stock is good for a short one. The Sully Stock is ok for a medium-short (with the 1" extender). Otherwise the A2 is solid, as is the Magpul PRS.

The Sully stock is rock solid compared to anything else

I wouldn't even look at a RRA

Why is the Sully stock so much more solid than a RRA entry stock?  Don't both of them mount like an A2 stock on a shortened tube?

Link Posted: 1/21/2015 6:13:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Throw another vote to the ACE Skeleton Stock. I'm running two of them and am planning on a third build and will run another one on that build.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:01:50 PM EDT
[#24]
ARFX
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:44:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Why is the Sully stock so much more solid than a RRA entry stock?  Don't both of them mount like an A2 stock on a shortened tube?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because it's made from a solid block of whatever dense polymer material.  It also weighs a ton.  It's like a service match A2 stock with the lead weight in the compartment.

The RRA entry stock with the Choate extended buttplate would be about the same length and much lighter.  Or get a UBR.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 8:59:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Because it's made from a solid block of whatever dense polymer material.  It also weighs a ton.  It's like a service match A2 stock with the lead weight in the compartment.

The RRA entry stock with the Choate extended buttplate would be about the same length and much lighter.  Or get a UBR.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Sully is a solid piece.  However, it is not quite that heavy...
It's only 6.3 oz heavier than a RRA 6-position.
I like that the Sully brings the balance point further back, closer to the user.

For each, I omitted the action spring, buffer, and sling hardware as these are subjective to change between end-users.

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top