Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/21/2014 8:25:48 PM EDT
Picked up a 1967 Vietnam era nylon sling at the gun show this weekend for $5 so thought it was a good deal.  When I unrolled it the damn thing is 87" long!!  It looks original, not something that someone made up, but is way, way too long for a standard AR rifle.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 4:38:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Post a pic?
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 5:08:10 PM EDT
[#2]
cut it?
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 7:48:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I may just try to shorten it.  I would post a pic but it is just the standard nylon M-1967 webbing that replaced the cotton web sling. Nothing unusual from a regular VN era nylon web sling except it is very long.  It is not an M-60 sling as I am familiar with those.  Only thing I could think of was for an M-249 SAW but I think they used a sling similar to the M-60 sling (with a shoulder pad piece) for those.  This thing doesn't look home-made, the metal end piece is swaged on like a factory job and the stitching on the other end where it has the buckle (buttstock end) is correct GI exactly like other slings I have, same thread same pattern.  I don't want to cut it if it is something rare.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top