Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/20/2014 9:56:16 AM EDT
I am in the process of building an AR platform with collapsible stock, and considering the Magpul stocks for it.  What I am having trouble finding is sling swivel attachments for these stocks.  I like a two point stock, and was wondering if anyone had done any research on available stock attachment methods for their collapsible stocks.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 12:57:11 PM EDT
[#1]
My ACS came with a QD swivel cup in the box. It also has sling slots molded in the stock, which is what I ended up using. Not sure what set up you're going for, but mine works well with the Specter Gear 2 point sling I mounted to it.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 1:27:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I am 99% sure they all use QD attachments, and also have slots for just the sling to be looped through.

Link Posted: 12/20/2014 1:48:32 PM EDT
[#3]
What is a "two point stock" ?

Exactly which Magpul stock are you looking at?
All but the cheapest come with QD swivel sockets so all you need is
QD sling swivels to put on the end of your sling. They are available everywhere.

Make sure the sockets are limited rotation. The ones in the picture are not.
Magpul has only recently figured out their importance so only the newest products have it.

I recommend attaching not to the stock but at the rear of the receiver, keeps the weapon higher on the body in one point or two point mode.

Watch this video for some sling options:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ny5b7VXUU78
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 1:51:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I am in the process of building an AR platform with collapsible stock, and considering the Magpul stocks for it.  What I am having trouble finding is sling swivel attachments for these stocks.  I like a two point stock, and was wondering if anyone had done any research on available stock attachment methods for their collapsible stocks.
View Quote

Hard to answer conclusively without knowing which stock you are using, but IWC offers a lot of different sling attachment options for various Magpul stocks.  They are site sponsors, go check out their forum here.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:33:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Magpul MOE stocks do not have QD sockets, but the MOE SL line DOES. If you want to stay with Magpul's line, the SL stock will be your best bet if you want the QD feature on a simple (and lower cost) adjustable stock.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top