Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/15/2014 8:10:36 PM EDT
I did a search and found nothing.  Anybody run it or had one in the past.  Just bought one for my 11.5 SBR based on the youtube videos.  I guess if i dont like it i could offload it at a minimal loss but it appears to be everything i need and nothing i dont.  Anybody have any pros or cons they can share
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 8:40:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one and have used it in a couple courses.

It's pretty light and the take up/let out is pretty simple, although it takes a little practice to do it quickly.

Watch a couple of Frank's shooting videos and see how he uses it.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 8:48:42 PM EDT
[#2]
How would you rate it from cost vs. value standpoint?  Worth it or not.  Could i do better for my money?  My use will be SWAT operations with heavy body armor on.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 9:44:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Slings, as a general rule, are pretty cheap. I have a "box of slings", slings that I've tried out and didn't work.

The proctor is about the same price as the VTAC. (+/- $40) Either one would serve you well

I did try the VTAC Bungee sling. I really like it.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 12:54:55 AM EDT
[#4]
I like the proctor, liked it so much I knocked it off and made a heavy duty version.  So far I've mounted mine on about 9 rifles and pistols. Just a great and simple concept with no need of extra HW and lower profile
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 6:56:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Pros:

Very LW and minimalist design

No extra mounting hardware

Quickly adjusts, and can be adjusted tight to slim bodies as well as thick

Great for the money

Cons:

Flimsy and folds on itself a lot when doing reloads and shoulder transitions

Digs into shoulder and does not hold the weight of a carbine well(might not matter as much with armor)

Paracord could be cut by something sharp like glass

No Padded version

Thats all I can think of from the 6 months I have been using one. If I wanted a true duty/shtf sling Id get the padded VCAS which is high on my list currently, and I am just a regular guy who does not shoot a lot as well so yea.

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 6:57:16 AM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I like the proctor, liked it so much I knocked it off and made a heavy duty version.  So far I've mounted mine on about 9 rifles and pistols. Just a great and simple concept with no need of extra HW and lower profile
View Quote
Pictures?

Link Posted: 12/18/2014 4:30:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Don't have any experience with proctor sling but I use the savvy sniper  sling. Kinda pricey but best sling I've used.
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 11:19:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Pictures?  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pictures?  

I'll get some pics today
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 4:04:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I'll get some pics today
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pictures?  

I'll get some pics today

In to see this.  Always up for some sling ideas.  Seems it is always on the list of things to find better of.
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 1:04:14 PM EDT
[#10]

Link Posted: 12/31/2014 1:08:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Ran one in a 2 day carbine class. It sucked. My skin was completely raw since there's no padding and it's so thin.

If you're wearing a jacket it's good to go. It was nice to not have to worry about QD swivels or any of that though.
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 8:24:45 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Ran one in a 2 day carbine class. It sucked. My skin was completely raw since there's no padding and it's so thin.

If you're wearing a jacket it's good to go. It was nice to not have to worry about QD swivels or any of that though.
View Quote
Most likely due to it being thin or having no padding?

Link Posted: 1/1/2015 12:09:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not sure, probably both.
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 1:30:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, it's a double edged sword no question about it.  The Proctor WOTG sling is light, easy to adjust, two point only and pretty much as if you don't have a sling at all. Weighs nothing and adapts well to differently configured rifles, no QD HW required.

Other padded multi config type slings are heavy but mostly cumbersome with QD.
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 8:56:26 AM EDT
[#15]
I went from the VCAS to the MS1 and while I still have the MS1, I have three Proctor slings. They are lighter and have plenty of strength for the AR's. I run one on my Benelli SBEII with which I hunt with. I primarily carry it and run the sling tight so it's not flapping about but can quickly run it out to shoulder it or cross sling. I use the Talon 1" swivels for that and the lighter QD ones on the AR. I dedicated the MS1 to my heavy precision bolt gun.

If your are about weight, hold the WOTG and then one of the others. Plus you can use the supplied ends to negate other attachment methods if you desire.

Buy it!
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top