Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/27/2014 1:43:48 AM EDT
I see aim surplus has a single point for like 15 bucks, good deal/sling?
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 1:49:12 AM EDT
[#1]
VTAC is my favorite, but more like $40.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 2:27:44 AM EDT
[#2]
+1 for VTAC
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 3:02:03 AM EDT
[#3]
any links? preferably black Friday related?
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:04:44 AM EDT
[#4]
i have a magpul ms4 that i'm happy with. $60 msrp, can be found for $40 sometimes.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 1:02:20 PM EDT
[#5]
VCAS or VTac.

Buy once, cry once.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 2:09:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Echo 93's DMS is pretty good to go. I used them one on three deployments and still going strong. Only 35 bucks.

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 2:33:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 8:03:35 PM EDT
[#8]
I love the VCAS.  Everything I need and nothing I don't, which means no extra crap hanging off to get hung up.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:13:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I love the VCAS.  Everything I need and nothing I don't, which means no extra crap hanging off to get hung up.
View Quote

My opinion word for word.

I just picked up another one from Blue Force Gear with their Black Friday sale - have one for all my carbines and rifles.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:27:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Padded vcas

I love it
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 10:49:42 AM EDT
[#11]
VTAC, and VCAS are the best 2 points out there, but if you want a truly simple 2 point then check out the Proctor sling which uses paracord to mount to your rifle.

ETA: VCAS is really sleek, but does not adjust as much as the VTAC with the Proctor being really sleek and adjust really well even for my slim build, but no padded version.

Link Posted: 11/30/2014 3:50:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Does anyone know the name of the sling that has no attachment point needed? It attaches to the rifle with paracord loops on both ends and was named after someone too...
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 4:38:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 10:32:16 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Does anyone know the name of the sling that has no attachment point needed? It attaches to the rifle with paracord loops on both ends and was named after someone too...
View Quote
Proctor sling.

I talked about it in my other post.

Link Posted: 12/1/2014 1:31:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
any links? preferably black Friday related?
View Quote

FWIW, i have a $15 shipped (originally $50) Sig branded sling from botach with two push button swivels which I will be harvesting and adding to the two VCAS slings I bought on black friday direct from BFG.
$15 single point will likely suck balls
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 11:42:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Proctor sling.

http://www.wayofthegun.us/proctor-rifle-sling/
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Proctor sling.

Thank you! Totally missed that. I've been trying to remember it for a long time.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 9:54:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Proctor sling.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Proctor sling.

+1 for the Proctor sling.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 10:36:14 AM EDT
[#18]
I just picked up the procter sling yesterday.  I will try to get back soon with my thoughts on it.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 4:31:52 AM EDT
[#19]
Savvy sniper
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 6:38:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Ive had the proctor for a few days now and i have to say this may be my favorite sling ever.  Sliding adjustments are super easy and it weighs next to nothing. I also like that i dont have metal attachment points clanking around.  Without a doubt the best sling for the money out there.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 3:45:59 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Ive had the proctor for a few days now and i have to say this may be my favorite sling ever.  Sliding adjustments are super easy and it weighs next to nothing. I also like that i dont have metal attachment points clanking around.  Without a doubt the best sling for the money out there.
View Quote

100% agreed.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 4:22:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Padded VCAS attached with two QD swivels.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:04:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Padded VTAC with QD swivels.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 7:43:41 PM EDT
[#24]
The Blue Force and VTac slings are very popular. I myself, run with Gear Sector slings.

Go to a carbine course and see what folks are using and see what you like best.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 8:37:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Savvy Sniper

Not the best deal, just the best sling!

Use it in one point

Or two point mode

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 8:59:44 PM EDT
[#26]
This one.  

http://www.impactweaponscomponents.com/product/convertible-2-to-1-point-qd-vtac-mk2-padded-sling-by-iwc/

INCLUDES:

Viking Tactics VTAC-MK2 Padded Sling
IWC's 2 To 1 Point Triglide
Heavy Duty Push Button QD Swivels - 2 Each
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 1:56:07 PM EDT
[#27]
I've been eyeing the AK sling from Damage Industries. Anyone have any experience with this sling?
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 2:36:55 PM EDT
[#28]
BFG VCAS with IWC triglide and QD swivels
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 3:31:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Vtac +9
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 7:37:58 PM EDT
[#30]
the issue silent sling -carry strap is my go to. all it is suppose to do is let you sling the rifle why pay$50 to do that
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 10:10:02 PM EDT
[#31]
I've had three point slings on both my Ars for years but I recently changed to Magpul MS1 2 point slings. Quality slings.
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 1:16:13 AM EDT
[#32]
Best Cheap Sling = Blackhawk Universal Swift Sling (2/3 Point) Blackhawk Universal Swift
Best Med/High End = VTac (Viking Tactics)
BEST SLING PERIOD = Tactical Link 1/2 Point Convertible Bungee Sling Tactical Link 1/2 Bungee Sling

My buddy has the Tactical Link on his AR and I loved it so much I ordered it for myself.  P.S. They are not kidding when they say you need a 44"+ Chest and to be able to bench press 80+lbs otherwise you should not buy it.  This thing is built like a tank on steroids.  Also no IR Signature.  AWESOME SLING, just pricy at $100
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 2:18:03 AM EDT
[#33]
Interesting video of make your own sling...

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 9:45:18 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

BIGGER_HAMMER
View Quote

I ordered pretty much everything from Strapworks the other day because of that video. Only thing I'm going to try doing different is add a Cobra buckle on the rear end. If it doesn't work out I'm only out $30 and I'll buy a VTac or something.
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 10:47:43 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I ordered pretty much everything from Strapworks the other day because of that video. Only thing I'm going to try doing different is add a Cobra buckle on the rear end. If it doesn't work out I'm only out $30 and I'll buy a VTac or something.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

BIGGER_HAMMER

Good Video, I missed that.  Or the other DIY Option is if you dont need to have length adjustment you can make one out of Paracord.  There are thousands of videos on how to weave one on youtube.
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 2:10:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Tactical Link looks high quality but has no quick adjust buckle on the front, so no length adj on the fly.
Quick sling length adjustment is handy when switching modes to enable high and tight close to the body carry or slack for transitions, prone position or support for long range shooting.

Quoted:
Best Cheap Sling = Blackhawk Universal Swift Sling (2/3 Point) Blackhawk Universal Swift
Best Med/High End = VTac (Viking Tactics)
BEST SLING PERIOD = Tactical Link 1/2 Point Convertible Bungee Sling Tactical Link 1/2 Bungee Sling

My buddy has the Tactical Link on his AR and I loved it so much I ordered it for myself.  P.S. They are not kidding when they say you need a 44"+ Chest and to be able to bench press 80+lbs otherwise you should not buy it.  This thing is built like a tank on steroids.  Also no IR Signature.  AWESOME SLING, just pricy at $100
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/30/2014 5:09:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Good Video, I missed that.  Or the other DIY Option is if you dont need to have length adjustment you can make one out of Paracord.  There are thousands of videos on how to weave one on youtube.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

BIGGER_HAMMER

I was going to make one out of paracord originally but then I wanted the Vtac then I was going to get an MS3. So I've pretty much been all over the place.
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 8:27:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Been playing with a MS3 gen 2 with the quick adjust slider, and its been excellent.

Does very well in both single, and two point mode.
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 11:10:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Half my stuff from StrapWorks.com came in today. Started putting it together. Got as far as the front end. Can't do anything on the back end until the Alice clip and Cobra buckle come in.
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 1:08:30 AM EDT
[#40]
I have two VCAS slings and the magpul ms4 dual QD sling.

I'm actually pretty torn between the two because I like the magpul as a single point when running stages but I think if I had to pack my rifle all day the VCAS would be the way to go. A true two point like the VCAS seems more comfortable for me but the ms4 is quick and easy. If the ms4 had the slide adjuster like a VCAS it would be perfect.
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 9:56:29 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

I have two VCAS slings and the magpul ms4 dual QD sling.

I'm actually pretty torn between the two because I like the magpul as a single point when running stages but I think if I had to pack my rifle all day the VCAS would be the way to go. A true two point like the VCAS seems more comfortable for me but the ms4 is quick and easy. If the ms4 had the slide adjuster like a VCAS it would be perfect.
View Quote
The gen 2 versions have a quick adjust slider thats real easy to use.

off google

Link Posted: 1/2/2015 11:47:00 PM EDT
[#42]
VTAC for sure. I recently bought a 5.11 branded one and compared to my other looks better.
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 6:13:46 PM EDT
[#43]
Finished up my home brew sling. I think it came out pretty nice. Only thing I screwed up on is that I wanted it to be a 2 point/1 point sling and I didn't put any way to attach the front HK clip above the Cobra buckle. I have some "D" rigns coming and I'm going to see if I can incorporate them above the Cobra buckle.

</a>" />

</a>" />

</a>" />

</a>" />

Does anyone have any idea what I can use for an attachment point above the Cobra Buckle? If prefer to stick with the HK clips but if the only option I have is a QD mount I'll roll with that.

I also never used paracord before. Made the little lanyard on the Alice clip with some. Now I'm thinking of making a bracelet for my daughter.
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 7:59:55 PM EDT
[#44]
You need one of these "snap hook plates" that Savvy Sniper created for that purpose.
Contact them to purchase as I don't think anyone sells it for them.
You can get right, left or ambidextrous.

Link Posted: 1/3/2015 8:20:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
You need one of these "snap hook plates" that Savvy Sniper created for that purpose.
Contact them to purchase as I don't think anyone sells it for them.
You can get right, left or ambidextrous.

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa17/wbear1/quadsling3_zps7d8e09b8.jpg
View Quote

Thank you. I had thought I had seen something like this but couldn't remember what they were called.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 10:59:44 PM EDT
[#46]
Great info
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top