Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/16/2014 2:15:28 AM EDT
I was not familiar with this texturing and emailed Magpul with these photos inquiring about their authenticity. They responded saying they appear to be knock off/counterfeit panels and that they have never manufactured XTM panels with the diamond texturing. However, when browsing the web, I see hand stop kits from reputable online vendors showing this texture.

What do you guys say?

Link Posted: 11/16/2014 2:41:42 AM EDT
[#1]
I would trust what the company that makes them says.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 3:32:19 AM EDT
[#2]
So Magpul tells you they are counterfeit and you decide to not believe them??

OK, believe me, they're fake.  I have several generations of XTM panels.  They either have nothing more than a lightly gained finish or are heavily stippled between the ribs.  All are of a much crisper precise molding than the pieces you have.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 3:58:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So Magpul tells you they are counterfeit and you decide to not believe them??.
View Quote

Wrong. I couldn't care any less if they are indeed fake...I am in them for $0. I just got curious because as mentioned, reputable online vendors seem to show stock photos with this type of texturing so I was just looking for some comments. I have plenty of genuine Magpul XTM-E panels on my AR...
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 5:56:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Look fake to me.

How about some pictures/links to these similar ones you see?
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 9:28:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 9:31:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Wrong. I couldn't care any less if they are indeed fake...I am in them for $0. I just got curious because as mentioned, reputable online vendors seem to show stock photos with this type of texturing so I was just looking for some comments. I have plenty of genuine Magpul XTM-E panels on my AR...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So Magpul tells you they are counterfeit and you decide to not believe them??.

So the question is why do vendors use photos of counterfeit products when they're selling the real thing?
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 10:52:21 PM EDT
[#7]
What's the fucking point... They are rail panels.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top