Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/29/2014 7:43:18 PM EDT
Is there any reason why a QD sling swivel cup couldn't/shouldn't be mounted on the bottom of a MOE handguard?
Tomac
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 9:08:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Pretty sure there's a heat shield riveted there but the shield metal is soft and easy to modify.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 9:36:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pretty sure there's a heat shield riveted there but the shield metal is soft and easy to modify.
View Quote

Actually, there's a clear channel at the bottom of the handguard to allow the installation of MOE VFG's/AFG's and such so a QD sling swivel mount should attach like it would anywhere else on the handguard so I'm more interested in learning if there are any significant downsides to using that location. The reason I ask is that mounting the sling swivel mount on the side works great but is restrictive of my support hand location whereas mounting it on the bottom leaves me a lot more room for my support hand.
Tomac
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:16:01 AM EDT
[#3]
I tried a bottom mount and did not like the way my rifle hung.  It wanted to flop over instead of hanging more upright.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top