Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/20/2014 12:28:09 PM EDT
At the most I get about 15 years before the foam inside my various cases has degraded to the point of being embarrassing.  This is for dark gray foam, flat or egg-crate, original or replaced when new.  Same-appearance foam in some cases at work are nearing the gooey stage after about 30 years, while others look new.  All are stored closed at normal room temperature.

I have one large Anvil case (not guns) with shiny black dense closed-cell foam that still looks new after over 15 years.

What long-term results are you seeing?
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 1:26:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the high density polyethylene foam and it is going strong after many years. I agree that the polyurethane (stock) foam does not
hold up as well.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 12:27:53 AM EDT
[#2]
I just replace foam periodically. I get rolls of it from "US foam by mail" (or something like that).
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top