Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/13/2014 6:30:19 PM EDT
Hi guys, new to the forums and AR building. I'm building my first AR15 and want to fill in the engravings with silver paint. No problems there. I would like to use similar color hardware as well. Like trigger and hammer pins, pivot and take down pins. Anything that attaches to the lower receiver. Does anyone know where I can get parts in this color without having to paint them? Not having much luck finding anything online. Any help would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 8:01:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Do yourself a favor and just.... Don't do any of that.  It's hideous.

But if you really want to check out battle arms development.
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 2:34:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Bling Bling doesn't belong on a fighting tool. But hey it's your rifle, Testors model paint is your friend. Also check out the color paint pens as well.
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 3:20:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Bling Bling doesn't belong on a fighting tool. But hey it's your rifle, Testors model paint is your friend. Also check out the color paint pens as well.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/14/2014 3:36:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Hi guys, new to the forums and AR building. I'm building my first AR15 and want to fill in the engravings with silver paint. No problems there. I would like to use similar color hardware as well. Like trigger and hammer pins, pivot and take down pins. Anything that attaches to the lower receiver. Does anyone know where I can get parts in this color without having to paint them? Not having much luck finding anything online. Any help would be appreciated.
View Quote

Not sure about silver, but there are several companies that sell stainless steel lower parts kits.

Link Posted: 10/15/2014 5:57:52 PM EDT
[#5]

Maybe you would consider those a fighting tool, but I don't. Even if I had such a firearm in my safe it sure wouldn't be the first, second, third or even fourth that I would choose if I needed to defend my person or property. YMMV?
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 1:59:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Do yourself a favor and just.... Don't do any of that.  It's hideous.

View Quote

Ignore this guy. It's your gun, color it however you want.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 3:46:56 AM EDT
[#7]
High Grade Titanium (Usually) Grade 5 Machined but unfinished will have a silvery look to it. When bead blasted it is a mid gray. If there is no heat it will stay shiny for long time. If on a brake it will gradually take on tones of gold and blue and red with light shadeing. Kind of cool to watch  your rifle turn colors the more rounds you put through it. After a while you can coat it any color you want so no harm starting silver color, you always change it later. Titanium is lighter than steel and usually more expensive.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:01:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for all the input guys.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top