Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/10/2014 2:58:42 PM EDT
Long time lurker on AR15.com, first post.

Going to be using the Magpul MS4 Dual QD sling. Bought the Magpul RSA QD Rail Sling Attachment after I did some reading on my Daniel Defense rail and read "Integral QD Sling Swivel Mount with limited rotation"...didn't like the word limited.

For the rear point I was looking into purchasing the Magpul ASAP QD. I do have the Magpul STR stock that features a reversible push-button QD sling mount...my question is, has anyone used this QD mount? How well does it work? Thoughts and comments would be appreciated, don't want to buy the additional mount if its not necessary.  

Thanks for your time.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 3:44:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Limited is good, it prevents the sling swivel from rotating too far and getting your sling all twisted. I have a QD limited rotation sling swivel cup on my MOE handguards.
I also have the STR stock on both my 6920's and at first tried the QD sling swivel mount after first reversing it so the sling attaches to the outside of the stock (instead of the inside). Works well but would work much better if it was limited rotation (again, to prevent that pesky sling twisting).
I ended up ditching the QD sling swivel on the rear and threading the sling through the vertical sling slot on the rear of the stock. I like this setup much better as the front of the sling is still QD (all I need when I separate the upper/lower for cleaning/work) and now my sling simply cannot get twisted (something I've come to really appreciate over time).
HTH...
Tomac
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 4:31:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I use the QD cup on the stock occasionally. It works just fine. It's not the primary spot(Noveske endplate) I attach the sling to the rear of the rifle but it's nice to have options...the stock QD cup along with the Noveske endplate, the RSA front attachment point and the 50 or so slots on my SLR rail give me all the options I could need
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 5:17:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Limited is good, it prevents the sling swivel from rotating too far and getting your sling all twisted. I have a QD limited rotation sling swivel cup on my MOE handguards.
I also have the STR stock on both my 6920's and at first tried the QD sling swivel mount after first reversing it so the sling attaches to the outside of the stock (instead of the inside). Works well but would work much better if it was limited rotation (again, to prevent that pesky sling twisting).
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Thanks for the info on the limited rotation, good to know.

Quoted:
I use the QD cup on the stock occasionally. It works just fine. It's not the primary spot(Noveske endplate) I attach the sling to the rear of the rifle but it's nice to have options...the stock QD cup along with the Noveske endplate, the RSA front attachment point and the 50 or so slots on my SLR rail give me all the options I could need

Like most, I like options...definitely agree with your point of view.

Via Google attempting to find more information on AR15.com, we all know that's the best search method on here, I found some additional information outside AR15.com and it seems others along with you guys say that the Magpul stock QD mount does work.

Looks like I will still get the ASAP QD mount for when I am in single point sling and when I switch to two point I will utilize the rail mount I bought and the stock mount. Guess I will have lots of options to utilize if I don't like the mentioned methods.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 2:44:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Depends on the type of sling being used. I use the endplate sling mount for two point or single point sling use. The butt stock sling QD I use for two point sling use.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top