Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/9/2014 6:14:23 PM EDT
I've recently finished my first AR15 build, I was originally going to replace the moe hand guard it came with with one that has a too rail so I could mount a folding front sight so I could have a reflex red dot sight. But having finished the build I really like the look of the moe.

So my question is, if I buy a rail section to put on my moe hand guard, how secure are they? Will the wiggle out after repeated firing? Basically does anyone have experience with them?

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 6:54:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you asking if you can put a folding front sight on a MOE handguard? If so the answer is yes you can but yo shouldn't because no plastic handguard is stable enough to mount a front sight on.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 8:05:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't think you can mount a rail on top of an MOE hand guard.  I mean, I suppose you could do it I guess but they were not designed for it.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 1:42:44 AM EDT
[#3]
No, don't mount anything on top of your MOE handguard however they are just perfect for mounting a flashlight/vertical grip (on the sides or bottom) which is what most people mount anyways. So either have a railed gas block or a front sight post if you are going to use the MOE handguards. They are extremely light and yes the rails and other accessories do mount very securely as long as you properly tighten them and apply loctite (which you should with anything on a gun).
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 9:53:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No, don't mount anything on top of your MOE handguard however they are just perfect for mounting a flashlight/vertical grip (on the sides or bottom) which is what most people mount anyways. So either have a railed gas block or a front sight post if you are going to use the MOE handguards. They are extremely light and yes the rails and other accessories do mount very securely as long as you properly tighten them and apply loctite (which you should with anything on a gun).
View Quote

This. And to add: the magpul rails come with loctite already on the screws.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 9:59:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They do I just like to be super sure they aren't coming off. It's not like i'm going to be changing the way my light mounts or my foregrip or anything anytime soon.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 10:03:33 PM EDT
[#6]
pics of what your trying to do?
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top