Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/6/2014 5:26:15 PM EDT
So quick question for you all. Maybe I've been spoiled by the sopmods but I just got in the imod and it feels too damn light and rough around the edges to feel real. Mold lines are rough and the qd pocket will not allow my sling to connect even though it fits the sopmod and c4 rail pockets fine. So to anyone who has one what's your verdict?

This is fake! Check your stocks if you purchase second hand!

archive of differences
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 5:54:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks Airsoftish

The mold lines look terrible.

Lots of good pics here.
http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=482038

The buttplate screw looks wrong.

All of the photos of the battery caps I can find online show black rubber, not tan
Unless they made a change.

Depends on whether or not you got it from a reputable source.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 6:56:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Its a hell of a clone if its airsoft. Every marking matches those photos but the rear screw is weird and yeah those mold lines I'll be contacting the seller about a refund I think. It was a 'bay item so I'm sure I'll be getting my money returne.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 2:28:07 PM EDT
[#3]
the vltor stocks are lighter weight but tips me off it the color on that one, the tan looks wrong. i have a tan vltor stock and its more opaque than that one. yours has a transparent look to it.

mine certainly dont have those rough edges either. SEND IT BACK!
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 3:34:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Its on its way back, the seller is quite hurt that's it a fake since he also bought it used under the assumption it was real. If a real one feels as good as this one I'll be changing my sopmods out...
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 5:21:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Its on its way back, the seller is quite hurt that's it a fake since he also bought it used under the assumption it was real. If a real one feels as good as this one I'll be changing my sopmods out...
View Quote

my only complaint with vltor stock is due to having facial hair. it gets caught in the cracks where the battery compartment lobes interface the stock body. you get use to it though.....
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 6:06:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Unlucky for me....the growth of facial hair is a trait that was not passed down to me...
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 1:47:35 PM EDT
[#7]
That blows. I hate when there are screwed up people passing off crap as real stuff.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 12:00:59 PM EDT
[#8]
I've had my Vltor for six years and haven't had any issues with it catching my facial hair.

Glad you're getting it sorted out OP.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 7:37:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks moneys back in the account and seller has his fake stock back. That what I get saving $20 over a new one from skd or the like. Really going to enjoy it when I get another, it just felt right
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 12:00:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Damn that sucks OP.

I was able to snag an EMOD for $80 off of e-bay. It was a stock used for a movie or TV show and had spray paint on it.
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 12:06:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

my only complaint with vltor stock is due to having facial hair. it gets caught in the cracks where the battery compartment lobes interface the stock body. you get use to it though.....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

When I am freshly shaved my face skin sticks to it. We can't win.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top