Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/4/2014 10:10:04 PM EDT
I'm sorry if this post is a little redundant but my Google searches couldn't turn up anything on this topic. I'm a lefty and I've tried out the Raptor once and really liked it for its accommodation of us goofy shooters. Then, I saw BCM came out with their own ambi CH... I like both companies a lot and have been satisfied with their customer service both ways... I guess I'm just asking if the Raptor is really worth the extra $20... in the long run its not much but I'm picturing the results  of this survey affecting most of my future builds. Any and all input would be appreciated! (I'm personally leaning toward the Raptor after I saw the post about the guy who trashed his BCM after dropping it off a table)
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 11:09:47 PM EDT
[#1]
It's personal preference at this point, both are quality products. You''re opening the flood gates with that question because fanboys will tout the products they use as being superior. I use the Raptor because I liked the looks of it more than the gunfighter but, again, my own preference. You will not be disappointed with either one.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 11:53:31 PM EDT
[#2]
BCM was easier to break in for me vs the Raptor, but now my Raptor is great.

Raptor for Ambi

BCM for standard

Link Posted: 10/8/2014 2:24:04 PM EDT
[#3]
i have a BCM and its typical quality from vltor, good. my only gripe is that without gloves you run the risk of a finger pinch if you have extra meat there. if you have slender fingers you'll be ok.

and i got mine for less than retail so it was worth it for me.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 5:30:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Use code raptorman at Primary Arms for $20 off.

There's more money here in charging handles than some people have in a rifle. I'm not sure that's a good thing.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 5:42:24 PM EDT
[#5]
I want to get the Raptor just because the other kinds stick out further and have smaller latches, I like how the whole handle is the latch on the raptor, but either one would work great, I shoot left (dominant eye) but am right handed

Link Posted: 10/12/2014 10:17:47 PM EDT
[#6]
I am a true lefty and have both the BCM and the Raptor. For me, I prefer the Raptor as it is easier to operate when performing fast charging cycles.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top