Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2014 10:04:17 AM EDT
Just picked up one of these.  I was kind of dismayed to discover that you have to remove the rail to install it, and it's held on by a combination of an o-ring and a snap ring.  Unless I'm an idiot and I'm missing something completely here...
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 12:36:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 2:31:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes, removal of the rail is required. We made the part as simple as possible, with only 3 components for reliability and weight considerations. Feel free to return it if not satisfied.

MOUNT-N-SLOT
View Quote

Should be a very secure mount with virtually no footprint.  I like.

Here is my question:   I know this is designed for Keymod.  What are the outside dimensions of the section that fits in the Keymod slot?   I have a Daniel Defense Modular Float Rail (MFR).  See photo attached.  While not Keymod, the modular slots attach 3" proprietary DD mini-rails via L shaped tabs that slide into the slots and then tighten.  If your post is the correct outside diameter and the nut or attachment device on the inside of the tube is sufficient to keep the post in place I might be able to use it and save some weight.  Right now I have to attach a mini-rail and then a picatinny bipod adapter.  Your approach is much lighter and elegant if I could figure out if it would work.  Or do you suggest a different solution?

Link Posted: 9/12/2014 3:47:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes, removal of the rail is required. We made the part as simple as possible, with only 3 components for reliability and weight considerations. Feel free to return it if not satisfied.

MOUNT-N-SLOT
View Quote

Ok, thank you for the response.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top