Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/9/2014 9:13:03 PM EDT
so I am looking for a low profile (when folded) bipod similar to the one demon tactical used to make.

i contacted demon tactical with no response, and later found out they are no longer producing them.

i need something preferably rear folding (so it wont snag on brush) but I use a magpul afg on a 12" rail so i don't want it to interfere with my grip at the high ready

so I need one thats tight to the lower handguard, not too bulky, legs a couple inches apart when folded (to sit on either side of the afg)

I have a set of Harris bipods on my dedicated long range rifle

i could go with another harris with a quick release adapter, but its not exactly what I want

anyone have any idea of what way to go?? been looking and cant find anything at all but the discontinued demon tactical

or for that matter a source for a used set of demon tactical bipods

just so you guys can see what i am talking about
gunblast review of demon tactical bipods
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 11:44:12 PM EDT
[#1]
no one really?

well i found a used set of Demons online soo they should be inbound soon
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 1:59:28 PM EDT
[#2]
thier customer service sucks.. try to get anything they make through a third party.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 12:09:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Never delt with them.

They don't even make tbe bipods anymore so I went with a used set.

They never replied to my inquiry though
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 8:53:18 PM EDT
[#4]
I do believe vltor makes a bipod similar. Maybe not as slim as the dt
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 8:00:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I do believe vltor makes a bipod similar. Maybe not as slim as the dt
View Quote

yeah, i looked at the vltor modpods, prolly the only other option i could find,
but looking at their profile on rifles in user pics, they looked to really widen your quad-rail by almost half again the width.
although they are length adjustable, which the demons are not
then again the demons swivel and the vltors do not
and the vltors seem to cost more (between $150 and $200)
still its prolly the one "in production" option for quality pods that are low profile and workable when folded to the rear.

dt bipods arrived today, really pleased with them so far, have to see how they perform on the range (kinda short but should still be ok)

was thinking of contacting some people to make me some custom ones, the current market's offerings for a low profile but rugged high end bipod really seams to suck.

i mean if you have a dedicated precision or bench rifle there are good options, but for a multi-purpose DMR type set up that doesn't obstruct rail space or interfere with your hand hold or stick out ready to snag. there really aren't any options it seems
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top