Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/6/2014 12:33:00 PM EDT
Application: S&W M&P15

MS3 sling has the paraclips and was wondering if any one with the MS3 sling would/could use it with the front factory sling attachment for a 2-point attachment -and an ASAP or equivalent for the rear?

MS4 has the QD...same ease of attachment? smaller footprint? Both?

Thanks in advance....
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 6:04:53 PM EDT
[#1]
ANYONE??
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 7:58:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Are you talking about the sling attachment on the FSB?

If so then I would find it awkward unless you have one with a side sling attachment then it would work fine, and I prefer single point with my MS3, but also use it in two point mode when I hike with it.

Link Posted: 9/7/2014 10:11:45 AM EDT
[#3]
I was just wondering if a paraclip would /could attach on the factory sling swivel seen in this diagram. I mean, it's there already...

thanks for the response

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Are you talking about the sling attachment on the FSB?

If so then I would find it awkward unless you have one with a side sling attachment then it would work fine, and I prefer single point with my MS3, but also use it in two point mode when I hike with it.

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/7/2014 10:21:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes it will.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 11:03:42 AM EDT
[#5]
So is that a lame way to attach the other end of a 2-point sling such as the MS3?

I guess The M-lok line will gradually expand to include these.....but i guess they've moved on to the MS4 QD
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 5:30:12 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

So is that a lame way to attach the other end of a 2-point sling such as the MS3?

I guess The M-lok line will gradually expand to include these.....but i guess they've moved on to the MS4 QD
View Quote
Awkward not lame imo.

Link Posted: 9/7/2014 10:48:49 PM EDT
[#7]
i find the paraclip binds up in use on the front sight sling swivel. regular strap works fine though.
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 2:08:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Yes, it will work, but with (1) rattle like crazy on the lower sling attachment point, and (2) bind as stated above.

I like the MS3 and run one with the paraclip attached to a Magpul RSA, (rail sling attachment) on the upper rail of a free float rail.  On the rear stock (Magpul ACS), I use the QD socket and a QD sling swivel and snap the paraclip over the swivel.  Magpul also makes a QD paraclip adapter for the rear, which is simpler and smaller than my current setup.

I may upgrade to an MS4 with QD swivels on both ends and replace the RSA with the smaller RSA-QD which has a QD socket.

But, I do like the paraclip concept.  They are very secure and lock firmly, where the push button of QD sling swivels can produce accidental sling detachment under stress.

The poll choices involve a great deal of overlap, making the results confusing.  For instance, I am using Magpul sling and mounts, but in a manner not contemplated by the poll - paraclip with three attachment points, but the rear most is a QD socket with a QD swivel in place for the paraclip to attach to.   I fall in three different categories in the poll.
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 2:16:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Don't you mean Vickers in the poll, not Victor?

VTAC (Vickers) wide padded sling and Magpul MS4 are the two I use, both with dual QD swivels.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 4:40:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Magpul / I Kick Hippies / "ring mounted on front of handguard"
Love the single point / two point options
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 9:04:23 PM EDT
[#11]
yeah man it is a non scientific poll!!!!   And I didn't have my glasses on.....sorry...just wanted to gather some info on what the masses use if any and that BTW was my FIRST polll and i failed at presenting clear info myself...
wing it
Quoted:
Yes, it will work, but with (1) rattle like crazy on the lower sling attachment point, and (2) bind as stated above.

I like the MS3 and run one with the paraclip attached to a Magpul RSA, (rail sling attachment) on the upper rail of a free float rail.  On the rear stock (Magpul ACS), I use the QD socket and a QD sling swivel and snap the paraclip over the swivel.  Magpul also makes a QD paraclip adapter for the rear, which is simpler and smaller than my current setup.

I may upgrade to an MS4 with QD swivels on both ends and replace the RSA with the smaller RSA-QD which has a QD socket.

But, I do like the paraclip concept.  They are very secure and lock firmly, where the push button of QD sling swivels can produce accidental sling detachment under stress.

The poll choices involve a great deal of overlap, making the results confusing.  For instance, I am using Magpul sling and mounts, but in a manner not contemplated by the poll - paraclip with three attachment points, but the rear most is a QD socket with a QD swivel in place for the paraclip to attach to.   I fall in three different categories in the poll.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/11/2014 9:04:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Yes...and i hate auto correst...
Quoted:
Don't you mean Vickers in the poll, not Victor?

VTAC (Vickers) wide padded sling and Magpul MS4 are the two I use, both with dual QD swivels.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/11/2014 9:05:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Great!!! thanks for the response!!!
Quoted:
Magpul / I Kick Hippies / "ring mounted on front of handguard"
Love the single point / two point options
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/15/2014 3:36:50 AM EDT
[#14]
I almost went rogue and bought some cheap generic non name sling and attachment or mounting...but in the end I stayed loyal to MAGPUL but went with the MS3 1-2 point setup...

Thanks to evryone...people still like Magpul over all the other brands of slings...
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top