Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/20/2014 9:33:52 AM EDT
I want to get some swivel mounts for my Vickers VTAC 2-point sling. I am considering the Troy Industries QD 360 Push Button Rail Mount

and the Troy Industries End Plate Ambi Sling Mount w/Swivel.

Before I pull the trigger I want to see if the hive has other/better recommendations?
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:49:58 AM EDT
[#1]
I to would like to change up my sling and the way they mount up.
I am looking at this model:

many companies make em, Impact Weapons Components, B5 Systems, Noveske, Black Rifle Tactical.

It seems slimmer and not as large of a footprint as the Troy mount and yet will still work for LH/RH applications.

Link Posted: 8/20/2014 1:46:32 PM EDT
[#2]
IMO - Avoid Troy ymmv

I also like the rotation limiting features of Impact Weapons or Magpul if you don't care about rotation limited (I like rotation limited) and/or another option is midwest industries

Impact also sells a rotation L offset rail mount I believe and/or magpul again if you don't care about rotation limited
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 10:49:18 AM EDT
[#3]
I like those recommendations. Thanks.

I see these mounts do not include the QD swivels. Any recommendations on those or are they all the same?
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 3:12:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I like those recommendations. Thanks.

I see these mounts do not include the QD swivels. Any recommendations on those or are they all the same?
View Quote

Well...probably not all the same....but I haven't broken one yet for my purposes.    When I am ordering from Impact, I order his swivels because it doesn't add much to the shipping costs.   If I am out of swivels and need one right away..I have bought magpuls swivels at the local fun store (cabelas).    So can't speak for them all, but if you end up going with Impact on one of your other choices, his are gtg imo.

Impact Swivel

Edit for this ....  Or, if you go with Midwest it appears they have a couple of heavy duty options too.     Some people worry about accidentally pushing QD button down....while I don't personally see the risk in it if used on a sling the way you are intending (as I do), the Midwest industries flush mount HD might reduce the odds (while at the same time making it a harder to take on and off (which is only a big deal if you think it is).  I haven't tried the Midwest HD swivels, but wouldn't hesistate to if end up ordering one of your other choices from them anyway.

Oh....almost forgot....... Swivels come in at least two sizes..... 1 inch and 1 1/4 inch (and many other sizes too).   Your sling is 1 1/4  I believe.   So make sure whatever swivel you buy, that its  1 1/4 .... the ones I mentioned are 1 1/4 .... but double check because it's your dough
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 3:24:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I to would like to change up my sling and the way they mount up.
I am looking at this model:
http://www.mountsplus.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/QD-Sling-Swivel-Socket-End-Plate_349x350.jpg
many companies make em, Impact Weapons Components, B5 Systems, Noveske, Black Rifle Tactical.

It seems slimmer and not as large of a footprint as the Troy mount and yet will still work for LH/RH applications.

View Quote

I have one similar which came with my KAK pistol buffer tube kit and will use it for my pistol build.  But will switch to the Lwrc Qd Ambi Sling Mount for a carbine or rifle, as I don't want to risk having a stock possibly disconnecting my sling when fully collapsed.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top