Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/17/2014 12:10:08 PM EDT
It's been awhile since I was last here, but am wanting to get some additional info/opinions on these two stocks.  I have done a site search and have read what is available, but would like your thoughts before I buy.  Thanks!!
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 1:06:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm a big fan of the SOPMOD primarily due to the improved cheek weld which the RAT at least partially emulates.

If you look in the Mk18/CQBR and BLK II threads you will see lots of SOPMODs.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 1:48:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I had a LaRue RAT stock, but I ended up returning it. Very well made stock and interesting design, but it wasn't for me. I ended up getting a B5 Enhanced SOPMOD, and I love it. If you don't need the storage, the B5 SOPMOD Bravo stock is about half the price of the Enhanced while retaining the great cheek weld.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 2:30:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had a LaRue RAT stock, but I ended up returning it. Very well made stock and interesting design, but it wasn't for me. I ended up getting a B5 Enhanced SOPMOD, and I love it. If you don't need the storage, the B5 SOPMOD Bravo stock is about half the price of the Enhanced while retaining the great cheek weld.
View Quote

Can you help me understand what you did not like about the RAT?  Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 2:31:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'm a big fan of the SOPMOD primarily due to the improved cheek weld which the RAT at least partially emulates.

If you look in the Mk18/CQBR and BLK II threads you will see lots of SOPMODs.
View Quote

Thanks for the feedback.  I have used the SOPMOD but have not even seen the Larue RAT in person.  Would you happen to know if the LMT SOPMOD "tan" is similar to FDE?  Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 3:07:32 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

To be honest, a lot of it came down to aesthetics. I also found the SOPMOD to be more comfortable. And, although I don't use the storage tubes, I found them to be more versatile than the RAT stock's "storage" (the cleaning kit you can store in the stock). This is all personal preference. YMMV.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 3:33:39 PM EDT
[#6]
SOPMOD end thread
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 4:00:54 PM EDT
[#7]
I have both, I like both, but I prefer my SOPMOD.  The rat is cool in that it has the cleaning kit, but the cheekweld on the SOPMOD is just a little bit better.
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 2:48:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks everyone, I have decided to go SOPMOD......
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top