Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/31/2014 8:38:45 AM EDT
Looking for a soft case for my S&W MP15 Sport.  I see lots of nice ones but I am looking for one around $50 or less.  I see a lot of those but I am buying online, sight unseen and don't want to end up with junk.  I would appreciate any suggestions for a fairly durable soft case in that price range.

Now that I think about it, I have the same question about slings.  I see lots of slings discussed on this forum but I want an inexpensive sling.  I am looking at the 2 point VTac from Midway.  Anyone have one of those?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 9:13:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Do you want to carry it assembled, or in a smaller take-down case, with the upper and lower separated?

I've got one of these for discreet transport.   It's nice and tough.  $27
It's no tennis racket bag, but it doesn't scream "gun" when you're carrying it to the car.

http://www.opticsplanet.com/bulldog-cases-ultra-compact-in-ar-15-discreet-carry-rifle-case-29-in-navy-blue.html

Link Posted: 7/31/2014 10:56:33 AM EDT
[#2]
I want one that allows me to keep it assembled.  However, after looking at that case and its price I may get one of those as well.  Thank you for the tip.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 12:22:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Check out Palmetto State Armory for a deal on a case with magazines.  Usually under $100.   I have one and it is nice for the $$.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 8:27:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks White Fang, I'll check that out.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 12:56:52 AM EDT
[#5]
I have the case below and have been pretty happy with it. I'm pretty sure PSA's is the exact same one. I like the "wall" of padding that goes around the rifle instead of just under and over it. Lot's of storage also for anything you need.

Link Posted: 8/2/2014 1:40:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 3:24:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Thank you guys.  Lots of options now.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 8:18:28 PM EDT
[#8]
This is the one I use.

NcStar Vism
Its virtually identical to the more expensive bags like condor or drago

It can be found in most cases(amazon, etc)
for $59.99 + free shipping
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 4:34:17 PM EDT
[#9]
I have the Palmetto one, which appears to be the same as the NCStar one and DS Arms one posted.  It is very good- perfect size, good padding, holds lots of shit, zippers have held up great.  The only thing that worries me is the D-rings for the shoulder straps are very thin and look like they could break fairly easily, but I haven't had any issues yet.  If they break I could always use a carabiner or something.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 4:36:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Oh, and for slings I have a couple of the Magpul ones with the clips and one of those $6 cheapo single point slings from amazon. The magpuls are great and the single point cheapo has held up very well, but the way it clips on the gun would be suspect fpr any heavy use.
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 12:17:54 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm currently running the Proctor Sling from Way of the Gun, and I absolutely love it.
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 11:33:49 AM EDT
[#12]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I have the case below and have been pretty happy with it. I'm pretty sure PSA's is the exact same one. I like the "wall" of padding that goes around the rifle instead of just under and over it. Lot's of storage also for anything you need.

View Quote

I have one of these but branded by Sig, got mine at a lgs for around 50. I like mine use it more than my pelican case

Link Posted: 8/19/2014 6:44:00 AM EDT
[#13]
I have this.
http://www.blackhawk.com/product/Sport-36-Tact-Carbine-Case,1877,134.htm

I've only used it for back and forth to the range and haven't crawled through gravel with it or anything, but I think if I needed to crawl through gravel I wouldn't be doing it while carrying my rifle in a case anyway. I've been quite happy with it. There is nothing about it that looks like it would tear or wear out too easily. Each magazine pocket can hold two thirty round magazines and the other pockets have plenty of room for sight tools and spare parts. I was even able to fit a complete spare lower in the case with my rifle, though the fact that it was wearing a CAR stock probably helped. For slings, grab a used VCAS off the Equipment Exchange. You can usually find them for $35-40.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 8:46:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Blackhawk Sportster Modular

I've seen these for 49.99 at academy, don't own one though
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 11:57:28 AM EDT
[#15]
I got the Drago 36in double gun case at academy for 49.99 on black Friday or the day after xmas. can't remember which one but it was a great deal. If you don't need it right now you could wait and save a few bucks.
here's the one i got but in black
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 7:45:03 PM EDT
[#16]
I just bought the Voodoo Tactical 2 gun case and it is very nice.  Carry my M&P 15T and Sig 522.  Nice case for under $100....check it out.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 9:59:46 AM EDT
[#17]
Eagle discreet case.

Natchez usually has them on sale for about $49
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top