Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/28/2014 10:05:56 AM EDT
Took the new SureFire muzzle brake out for a spin two days ago and it was it awesome.  I noticed an immediate improvement in follow up shot accuracy.  Muzzle rise was reduced but not completely

gone.....definitely easier to manage.   I did not notice the brake pulling the muzzle downward like I have read some people say about other comps.  It may be a little louder than my A2 birdcage but not

as loud as I expected....didn't even notice a difference at first.  Recoil was reduced but more noticeable was the direction of the recoil and by that I mean i noticed the recoil coming straight back into

my shoulder instead of a "rising" recoil for lack of a better word.  I assume this is the result of decreased muzzle rise.  Overall the brake improved the performance of my rifle and I would reccommend

it to anyone.....especially for the price.  I paid $61.00 shipped.  I don't doubt there may be better comps out there but definitely not for $61 buck!!
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 8:28:36 AM EDT
[#1]
I wonder how it compares to the hybrid comps out there that reduce flash.

Does the SF reduce flash? From the looks of it I say no, but you never know.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 11:53:59 AM EDT
[#2]
They keep promising a 7.62
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:31:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I wonder how it compares to the hybrid comps out there that reduce flash.

Does the SF reduce flash? From the looks of it I say no, but you never know.
View Quote

I don't have the brake as the OP, but the Surefire brakes are known for emitting awesome fireballs.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 4:07:08 AM EDT
[#4]
I have not tested the brake out in the evening or night time but I can't imagine it does much in the way of flash reduction.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 6:37:00 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I have not tested the brake out in the evening or night time but I can't imagine it does much in the way of flash reduction.
View Quote
Yea

I figured that.

I wonder how it compares to the Miculek brake which is a lil cheaper.

Link Posted: 7/31/2014 7:36:28 AM EDT
[#6]
First impressions:  Looks to be the same size ports as a regular MB556.  The MB556 works fine so this should as well.  I can see where they cut back on costs, comes in a cardboard box, crush washer, and simple instructions.  Looks like they're planning to release a flash hider along with this.  3P Eliminator Flash Hider. The finish is really rough with tool marks, and really shallow name engraving for PROCOMP and Surefire.  It is a pure basic form of the MB556, which is what I expected to get for $52 street for these.

In comparison to other brakes it is relatively the same size as the MB556's.  I threw in a Battlecomp BABC to show size relation compared to a Battlecomp 1.0.  Left to right - Spikes Dynacomp, Fortis RED, Rainier Arms XTC, Battlecomp 1.0, Surefire MB556K, Surefire Procomp, and Battlecomp BABC.  I'll be taking it out for some shooting and comparing to a regular MB556, and a Battlecomp 2.0.

Link Posted: 8/2/2014 10:25:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Pre-drilled for pinning?
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 1:27:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 1:47:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Pre-drilled for pinning?
View Quote

Doesn't look like it.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 7:47:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Unfortunately it's not.
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 10:50:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Ran it a couple of days ago, shoots almost identical to the MB556 (as expected).  For the price, it is definitely hard to beat. Right now I have a mix of SFs, and battlecomps and I'll probably stick to them.  I still prefer the look of the MB556s but I think that the procomp it is a good option.  The price is better than most brakes out there and functions as good as or better than a vast majority of devices out there.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top