Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2014 11:48:40 PM EDT
I currently have a 1 one troy sling on my sbr, I'm considering getting a 2 point for it. Anybody have pros and cons on which they do or do not prefer. I like the one point, but I rock a can so with the extra length I would benefit more with a 2 point. Any suggestions on which works best and any particular sling would be helpful.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 12:19:31 AM EDT
[#1]
How about a convertible 2-to1 point like a MagPul?
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 1:00:22 AM EDT
[#2]
A single-point doesn't really secure the weapon to your body, so if you're going to be doing any kind of activity, a 2-point is preferable.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 7:16:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Personally I love the blue force gear padded vcas slings.  You can add attachment points to make it a 2-1 if that's an option that you want
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 8:01:06 AM EDT
[#4]
i dont foresee alot of scenario's where a singlepoint is more desireable but i went ahead, like most, and just get a convertible one. I went with the savvy sniper, again just to cover as many bases as possible, and got the all metal one.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 11:03:11 AM EDT
[#5]
The single point sling is handy, esp. for easilly removing the weapon from the body if its on a q-d swivel. Its also very easy to transition from strong hand to weak hand, which may come in handy in a scenario where the shooter is injured or shooting around a particular piece of cover dictates such a transition. IMO, that's where the advantages stop. When I was on active duty, we found that the single point is often in the way or even a hazard when you are doing anything besides shooting on a flat range. Examples: fast rope/rappell- weapon is "all over the place"- and may end up lynching you if you aren't careful. Mechanical breaching- weapon swings with the sledgehammer or ram- "all over the place" using a speedy-cut saw or broco torch- ALWAYS in the way, explosive breaching- weapon is in the way, and will often bump into the door. climbing a ladder- weapon is in the way and will probably go clunk-clunk-clunk up the ladder (you should negotiate ladders with pistol in strong hand). Carrying something like a litter or a bigger charge that requires the use of both hands- all over the place again. Proper use of the vtac or similar 2 point sling will mitigate these problems. If any of this applies to you, or if you think it may, I would recommend the vtac. It was almost the universal choice in every unit I was in.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 2:42:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah I just checked out blue forces 221. Think I'm gonna go with that, kyptek typhoon lookin pretty spiffy. That is, whenever I get home from this shit hole.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top