Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/16/2014 6:37:22 AM EDT
So I'm looking to buy a new sling I have tried three point, two point and one point slings the later of the two I have had the most training using. I really only see the two point sling good for target shooting as I love the loop sling. In combat I mostly used a three point and trained a lot with it but like the others does have its down falls. Now I just started using a one point sling it was cheap like less then $10 or so cheap and it feels like I have a 5+ pound weight on my neck but I will say you can get to your weapon fast.

I'm looking for a quality sling not full sure to go 3 or 1 point at this time because I also enjoyed that the three point could be placed behind you but you could get to it fast. I'd like to hear what you all have to say thanks for the help and advice!

Edited to add: Not looking for some $100+ sling after all is a sling made from fabric!
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 11:58:02 AM EDT
[#1]
VCAS Padded

ETA: Op if you are not sure what kind, then BFG SOC-C will fit you best ~60
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 12:38:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Gearsector single point or OSOE gear single point non-bungee.
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 1:03:02 PM EDT
[#3]
What I'm proposing is $100 (although this vendor is awesome and they have 15% off just for signing up for their newsletter) but it is revolutionary in my opinion: single point when you want it (for shooting) and a simple 2-point-esque carry style front or back. You get a sling and a front mount. It's advisable to have a endplate-mounting solution (e.g., CQD, ASAP, other hook mount).

http://www.tacticaldistributors.com/s-s-precision-sling-sling-clip-combo

Do a Google search for "Kyle Defoor sling clip" and you will find a pretty decent demo video.

ETA: http://www.kyledefoor.com/2011/08/s-precision-sling-clip.html?m=1

It sounds like you have tried other options, might as well give something a shot that is actually different from anything else on the market. I would bet dollars to donuts that if more people took a chance on this setup, it would be a much more recommended setup. Price usually deters most folks from S&S gear, but this setup's price has fallen dramatically recently.
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 2:10:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What I'm proposing is $100 (although this vendor is awesome and they have 15% off just for signing up for their newsletter) but it is revolutionary in my opinion: single point when you want it (for shooting) and a simple 2-point-esque carry style front or back. You get a sling and a front mount. It's advisable to have a endplate-mounting solution (e.g., CQD, ASAP, other hook mount).

Do a Google search for "Kyle Defoor sling clip" and you will find a pretty decent demo video.

It sounds like you have tried other options, might as well give something a shot that is actually different from anything else on the market. I would bet dollars to donuts that if more people took a chance on this setup, it would be a much more recommended setup. Price usually deters most folks from S&S gear, but this setup's price has fallen dramatically recently.
View Quote

Not really revolutionary, A lot of people make slings like that Magpul, OSOE, Emdom and several others. All for a better price as well.
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 2:49:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Not really revolutionary, A lot of people make slings like that Magpul, OSOE, Emdom and several others. All for a better price as well.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you even bother to look at the links? It's not a simple 2-to-1-point conversion like the others you mention. And what exactly is a "better" price?

I personally could give two shits what the OP does, but actually understanding the product, how it functions, and comparing it to existing products will reveal it's place in the market. I have tried many slings and nothing compares. If someone else makes the same concept, I'd be happy to see it. I am skeptical that you can produce a truly comparative product.
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 8:54:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 4:53:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

I kind of like that sling looks like you could make even a three point sling out of it by moving the clip forward that's on the rails? Question have your tried to fire the rifle from it being a two point sling?
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 6:20:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I kind of like that sling looks like you could make even a three point sling out of it by moving the clip forward that's on the rails? Question have your tried to fire the rifle from it being a two point sling?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No because I don't allow for enough slack in my sling to do so. I suppose it's possible, though, with the trade off being that you would have the adjustment part of the sling exposed so that you could tighten it against your body for carry mode.

The way I run it, I have it adjusted just enough that when "clipped" into 2-point mode it fits snug across my chest. The sling has a sock sewn into it where I stuff the excess sling so it's out of my way (the sling also has a sock around the clip that is sewn into the sling, which is a nice touch). So, I am not set up for using a sling-supported firing position with it, which I traded away for compactness and clutter reduction. To me, typical 2-points leave too much dangling material.

Also not that the clip can latch onto other things like belt or molle loops, or possibly anything else you can come up with. This is revolutionary, IMO, because typical sling mounting solutions only work with the second point of the sling.
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 8:45:36 AM EDT
[#9]
proctor way of the gun.  No need for extra attachment (QD or swivel) Cheap.  Less than 2oz.  Easy adjust. Not too thick to do mag changes.  If you set it up right, you can do shoulder transitions.  
I got rid of the MS4 and no longer have use for all the qd sockets in handguard and butt stock, but thats fine by me for this KISS set up.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 8:12:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
VCAS Padded

ETA: Op if you are not sure what kind, then BFG SOC-C will fit you best ~60
View Quote

I run two of these, only way to go!

The top four listing are $50 slings!!!

eBay site for VCAS sling deal. BUY BUY BUY
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top