Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/11/2014 5:26:42 PM EDT
Hello, I apologize is this is the wrong section, my question actually relates to most things under the "equipment" section.

I work for an gun shop and we are looking to expand our AR-15 selection. I was curious if there would be much interest in a Battle Pack set up,

Something like this:

Ammo Can (steel or plastic)
250~ Rounds of ammunition (Perhaps loaded onto stripper clips)
Speedloader (or stripper clip guide)
2-4 magazines (aluminum and/or pmags)
Original magpuls
Ar-15 field repair kit

We are considering adding other stuff, but if we add too much, like flash lights/mounts, foregrips, etc... the product becomes both too expensive and too user specific.
The idea is to retail them for around $125-175, or slightly cheaper if you purchase it in addition to a firearm (depending on contents, of course).
We'd just like to have a product that's useful and affordable.

Any suggestions or opinions?
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 5:53:24 PM EDT
[#1]
You mine as well just sell fully loaded mags if you're selling ammo and mags as a package deal that you take the time to put together. Why the spring replacement kit? It doesn't really make much sense to me.
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 6:13:38 PM EDT
[#2]
My apologies, I meant a general field repair kit that includes basic wear and tear parts.
Pins, springs, rings, firing pin, etc...

Unlikely to be used, maybe for lost parts or overzealous cleaners.
The idea is also somewhat into light prepping territory.
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 6:23:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My apologies, I meant a general field repair kit that includes basic wear and tear parts.
Pins, springs, rings, firing pin, etc...

Unlikely to be used, maybe for lost parts or overzealous cleaners.
The idea is also somewhat into light prepping territory.
View Quote

For field repair a spare bolt, cam pin, firing pin, and some cotter pins are mostly all you need. Maybe some spare lube (I keep grease sealed in straws) and a cleaning rod to punch out stuck cases. Much after that you will need some actual tools and a bench to replace/fix/maintain your gun.
Edit: Field repair means the stuff you will have either on your self or on your gun to fix it if need be. I think space could be wiser spent than carrying spare springs and the like because they just generally don't break on the AR.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 10:35:52 PM EDT
[#4]
No shilling in the Tech forums.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 9:04:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No shilling in the Tech forums.
View Quote

What shilling?
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 9:17:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 9:17:51 AM EDT
[#7]
See Post
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top