Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/21/2014 5:55:01 PM EDT

is this sling any good or is it all hype, if its not all that good any recommendations ?
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 5:59:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I like mine.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 6:02:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I like mine too. Heard good things about blue force gear too.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 6:48:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I just got the MS3 sling recently and like it. The clips are very stiff still so I need to work them out to be able to transition from single point to two point a little more quickly, but it feels solid and easy to adjust for me.

I need more time with it though.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 6:58:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Its good just don't ever try wearing a backpack while using it. That's my reason for switching it out once I get the cash.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 7:10:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Its good just don't ever try wearing a backpack while using it. That's my reason for switching it out once I get the cash.
View Quote

What happened when you tried this and what about other slings alleviate the problem?
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 7:23:22 PM EDT
[#6]
mine has worked fine
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 2:50:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I like mine.
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 3:14:54 PM EDT
[#8]
I like my MS3 and would buy another.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:23:51 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

View Quote
Wore a backpack while hunting with mine with no issues walking up and down a mountain.

I especially like the MS3 attachment clips vs QD style.

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 8:35:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Great sling.  Use mine mostly two point.  I, too like the locking paraclips.  They seem more rugged and less likely to accidentally release than the QD socket type, whike still quite easy to remove and reposition.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 1:51:28 PM EDT
[#11]
i was just curious as I don't see costa or haley using them since they left magpul
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 2:10:12 PM EDT
[#12]
I used my MS3 for a year, shooting ranges and a 2 day carbine course.  I was very happy with it, until I took the carbine course.  It wasn't until I actually "used" the sling in the carbine course that I saw it's flaw.  Using it as a 2 point was most comfortable, and loosening it up was easy.  The flaw is trying to tighten it back up.  The pull tab is on your back and it makes it impossible to tighten it back up once you loosen it in 2 point mode (any single point), without taking it off, or having someone else pull it on your back.

So I then gave the new BlueForceGear 221 sling a go, I got the padded version with the RED Swivel and couldn't be happier.  It's MUCH better, more comfortable, and easier to adjust the length.  Here's the link

If you're on a budget then the MS3 is great, if you want quality, I'd go with the BFG for $90
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:34:21 PM EDT
[#13]
I like mine. 12 months in Afghanistan with countless miles dismounted. The only drawback I've noticed is that after sweating all over it for a year, the nylon got real stiff and became hard to adjust. I guess if I washed it it would've softened back up, but I had other things to worry about. I was also able to set it up so that I didn't have to adjust the sling when switching from 2 PT to 1 PT. However, I would have to adjust it when going from plate carrier to slick. So it wasn't that important that the adjustment wasn't super easy or accessible.  The hardware held up great. Since I got home, I did wash it and it looks almost new.

For the price, the Magpul slings are tough to beat. I also think convertible slings are the way to go. 2 PT when working and needing to use your hands, and 1 PT when you're expecting contact. Worked out well for me.

Now I'm running a BFG VCAS with an IWC triglide. The only reason why I switched is because I had the VCAS laying around and wanted to try something different. So far it's been working out good. However, I haven't actually really used it yet.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:05:26 PM EDT
[#14]
I prefer the vcas and now all my rifles have em. Its a great product...
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 12:49:59 PM EDT
[#15]
I prefer the Blue Force Gear VCAS padded slings, but I have a MS3 on my AK and a MS4 on my AR pistol. They've worked well enough and I haven't had any issues.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 3:31:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Got an email today from Red State Tactical saying the padded VCAS was back in stock with a 15% discount using code "newsletter". I have the VCAS padded multicam which is a great sling. I use it with QD mounts and the "Molded Burnsed Socket" to make it into a 1 pt sling when needed.. I do have a Paraclip that I can use on it also with my RSA.

VCAS

Molded Burnsed Socket
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top