Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/10/2014 5:11:20 AM EDT
I've got an AR10 with no rail on the bottom of the fore-end. The Armalite fore-end rail adapter is 30 bucks, there is a blackhawk rail adapter for 30 bucks.

i have a Harris bipod that connects to the sling swivel stud.

I would rather not add a rail, but I'd like QD for the bipod. Is there a QD option that allows you to connect the bipod to a stud and not a rail?

I've seen the non-QD swivel stud adapters, but didn't know if anyone figured this out for full QD without a rail?
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 5:16:26 AM EDT
[#1]
If I'm reading this correctly, you have a sling stud, and a sling stud-mounted bipod, but you want to make the bipod QD without adding a rail section and rail adapter?
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 5:33:03 AM EDT
[#2]
That's what I was reading, too.  Still kind of confused as to why the bipod isn't directly mounted to the stud though? Twisting the knob on the Harris isn't particularly time consuming.
CHRIS

Link Posted: 4/10/2014 5:40:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's what I was reading, too.  Still kind of confused as to why the bipod isn't directly mounted to the stud though? Twisting the knob on the Harris isn't particularly time consuming.

CHRIS  
View Quote

Its not the twisting of the screw, but the lining up of the teeth that I want to eliminate.

The bipod is currently directly mounted to the stud. I would just rather flip a lever to take it on and off, rather than screw and align.

The current options are:

1. Stud on gun
2. Stud to rail adapter
3. QD rail to stud adapter
4. Bipod

or

1. Rail on gun(cost 40 bucks to buy for me)
2. QD rail to stud adapter
3. Bipod

want to know if there is a product:

1. Stud on gun
2. QD stud to stud adapter
3. Bipod
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 9:19:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Harris bipod to your existing stud is the right solution.  Adding two more unneccessary accessories just to get a lever in there is just added weight and more stuff to break.   I dont know of any single part which offers QD to a sling stud which is any faster than the standard harris system.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 10:00:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Completely agree.  If you want QD lever actuation, you'll need a lower rail section and a picatinny QD bipod adapter.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top