Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/1/2014 4:56:00 AM EDT
I originally did the research and being a mild Magpul fanboy, I bought an MS3 off of Ebay at what I thought was a great price.  Even though the packaging said Magpul and it wasn't the painball stuff I think I bought a counterfeit.  The sling twists easy and the length control just sucks.  I can make the sling longer but shortening it back up can be a pita.  My mistake from buying from Ebay.

I don't want another MS3, so I have done more research and think that I want this new Vickers 221 from Blue Force Gear.  I've tried the usual spots, Brownells, Midway, Midwest I, Palmetto S, Primary Arms, Rainer arms, etc - no one has one.  Is there a sponsor that might carry this at a discounted price or is it best to just buy it directly from BFG?  $95 before shipping for a padded sling is kind of rich for some nylon, but I want one like this:

http://www.blueforcegear.com/vickers-combat-applications-sling-2-to-1.html

Thanks for the help.

Link Posted: 4/1/2014 9:22:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Impact Weapons Components sells a kit that is similar to the 221 but minus the RED sling swivel.

http://www.impactweaponscomponents.com/product/bfg-padded-vickers-combat-applications-sling-2-to-1-convertible-qd-sling-by-iwc/
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 2:40:06 PM EDT
[#2]
A nice video on the 221:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDHMRmOSZO4

Nice look by IWC thanks for letting me know about that but really am after the Vickers 221.
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 9:20:09 AM EDT
[#3]
The 221 Sling just came out recently so I'm not surprised it hasn't hit those other sites yet. When it does I don't expect it to come in any cheaper than buying direct from BFG being a new item
Link Posted: 4/6/2014 12:10:58 PM EDT
[#4]
I received a couple of nice PMs from fellow AR15 members.  Thanks for a push in the right direction.  I ordered two BFG gear slings directly from BFG.  I did order a Vickers 221 and it was so close to getting free shipping, (over $100) I had to buy a second sling.  One for the AR one for the shotgun.  

I hope that these will turn out to be everything that I wanted to have when I ordered the Magpul MS3.  Again, I could have received a counterfeit off of Ebay, so I will give Magpul the benefit of the doubt here.

Thanks again.
Link Posted: 4/6/2014 4:00:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Let us know how you like it. I am looking at that sling to replace my old Magpul MS2 sling.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 4:05:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Please give us a review on the 221 once you've used it for a while.  I've been thinking about the 221 or the SOC-C sling from blue force gear.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 3:07:52 PM EDT
[#7]
I keep putting this sling in my shopping cart. I don't know what my hold up is. Maybe I was just hoping for my user feedback? I'm glad I saw this thread and someone who bought it, now we need that info! :)
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 5:23:53 PM EDT
[#8]
BFG is a good company to deal with. I think you'll be happy buying direct from them.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 3:05:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Ordered on 4/6, arrived on 4/10.  I feel a little silly saying this but I haven't opened the package yet.  It's a BDay present and it will be opened next week.  I feel like a kid at Christmas.  

I'll give my initial impression after opening and doing some manipulations with it and then try to do a follow up after a couple of actual training sessions at the range.  In addition to the sling just bought some AR500 targets: three 10" circles and two 2/3 IPSC targets that are just waiting to run drills.  Strong side, support side, single point, two point - I've been daydreaming about running the drills with the new toys.  

I fully expect it to be an improvement over my current set up, but if it's not; I won't pull any punches either.

Link Posted: 4/12/2014 5:40:10 AM EDT
[#10]
I ordered one and just got it a day or two ago. Have not had a chance to shoot with it yet but initial impression is it is a very well made sling. Its not too much different than the other vickers slings. I was worried about the little pull cord for switching from 2 point to 1 getting in the way but it really doesnt. The QD points need a little oil and use because they are a little stiff out the box. I got the padded version straight from BFG. Shipping was quick and blue force threw in a couple extras. Overall I like it a lot. No complaints from me.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 6:15:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Does the padded model tighten up enough for you?
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 2:40:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

It actually slings perfect for me straight out the package. Easy enough to go off hand with the quick adjust. Lots of adjustment built in I feel.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 7:31:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

It actually slings perfect for me straight out the package. Easy enough to go off hand with the quick adjust. Lots of adjustment built in I feel.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's plenty of adjustment for me.  Like all BFG slings, it's very easy to manipulate with one hand.  Padded is the way to go.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 6:09:02 AM EDT
[#14]
As an aside, if you did receive a counterfeit item on ebay, please take the time to report it so others will be protected. Its a good bit of hassle to go through the process, but youll be helping others and in the end you may get your $$ back. Also, would like to plug the EE here as a source for legit items....
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 3:25:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Pulled the trigger on a Blue Force Vickers 221 today. I've been checking around and I keep liking the features from it. Now i'm excited to get it :)

Went with the padded model with the swivel in foliage green.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 5:04:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Pulled the trigger on a Blue Force Vickers 221 today. I've been checking around and I keep liking the features from it. Now i'm excited to get it :)

Went with the padded model with the swivel in foliage green.
View Quote

I think you will be quite happy with it.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 3:45:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Ordered Monday, arrived today. Fit and feel of the 221 is awesome! The RED swivel isn't near as big as the photos make it seem. Photos make it seem like it would interfere with everything, Definitely glad that isn't the case!

Matches the rifle I chose it for very well, and the on the fly adjustment is very easy to manipulate. The only sling I have to compare it to is a Magpul MS3 that I don't have mounted on my other rifle yet. ( Need to unstake the castle nut and put on the ASAP )

* Not to high jack the thread * but Definitely liking it.
Link Posted: 5/25/2014 1:23:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Just ordered a vickers 221 padded withe the red swivel for $84.50 shipped.  
I took advantage of the memorial 20% off sale.
Link Posted: 5/26/2014 5:32:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Weird, I just ordered the exact same thing in Multicam for $78.10 shipped. Was your shipping $8.50?
Link Posted: 5/26/2014 6:02:03 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Weird, I just ordered the exact same thing in Multicam for $78.10 shipped. Was your shipping $8.50?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thats the price with no red swivel.
Link Posted: 5/26/2014 11:32:36 AM EDT
[#21]
Mine was padded with RED swivel, $8.50 shipping
Link Posted: 5/27/2014 4:40:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Mine's padded, with RED swivel.

ProductModelQuantityPriceTotal
Vickers 221 Sling
 - Color: Multicam
 - Hardware Version: RED Swivel
 - Padding: PaddedVCAS-2TO1-RED1$87.00$87.00
Sub-Total:$87.00
Flat Shipping Rate:$8.50
Coupon(20memorial):$-17.40
Total:$78.10
Link Posted: 5/27/2014 5:12:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Mine's padded, with RED swivel.

ProductModelQuantityPriceTotal
Vickers 221 Sling
 - Color: Multicam
 - Hardware Version: RED Swivel
 - Padding: PaddedVCAS-2TO1-RED1$87.00$87.00
Sub-Total:$87.00
Flat Shipping Rate:$8.50
Coupon(20memorial):$-17.40
Total:$78.10
View Quote

For that price, me thinks the red swivel stays at blue force gear...
Link Posted: 5/29/2014 5:01:01 PM EDT
[#24]
OH I have a veteran account, that's why. I got it today, I'm very pleased with it.
Link Posted: 5/30/2014 5:03:10 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
OH I have a veteran account, that's why. I got it today, I'm very pleased with it.
View Quote

cool and the gang.  I like mine as well.
Link Posted: 6/9/2014 7:23:59 AM EDT
[#26]
I picked up a VCAS the other week. I'm very happy with it.

http://www.ocabj.net/blue-force-gear-vickers-combat-application-sling-vcas-review/
Link Posted: 6/9/2014 11:09:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I picked up a VCAS the other week. I'm very happy with it.

<a href="http://www.ocabj.net/blue-force-gear-vickers-combat-application-sling-vcas-review/" target="_blank">http://www.ocabj.net/blue-force-gear-vickers-combat-application-sling-vcas-review/
http://www.ocabj.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Ocab-20140607-092143-600.jpg</a>
View Quote

Not a 221 ^
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 4:30:01 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 5:02:48 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Impact Weapons Components sells a kit that is similar to the 221 but minus the RED sling swivel.

http://www.impactweaponscomponents.com/product/bfg-padded-vickers-combat-applications-sling-2-to-1-convertible-qd-sling-by-iwc/
View Quote

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top