Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/18/2013 6:10:27 PM EDT
Trying to decide which BAD-ASS selectors to pick. Ill probably go with the standard selector for the left side but, I'm not sure what I want for the right. Looking for opinions.

Link Posted: 6/18/2013 6:50:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Short, short on a 45° BAD-ASS-ST. Everything is easy to reach when needed and stays out of the way when not needed.

To add: I come off Safe with my thumb and set back to Safe with my index finger.
Link Posted: 6/19/2013 6:18:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Short, short on a 45° BAD-ASS-ST. Everything is easy to reach when needed and stays out of the way when not needed.

To add: I come off Safe with my thumb and set back to Safe with my index finger.
Same here. Dual short levers, short throw axis. Perfect for me.

Link Posted: 6/19/2013 6:28:19 PM EDT
[#3]
45° short crank on strong side and short on weak side
Link Posted: 6/19/2013 9:30:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Standard and Short levers, with short on right-handed user's side for me.  Felt my left-handed wife would need more leverage, so she gets the standard lever.  The standard lever does graze my hand when I disengage the safety, however - and I don't have big hands.
Link Posted: 6/20/2013 7:38:19 AM EDT
[#5]
I have the standard on the left side of the receiver and the short on the right side. Regular 90 degree throw and as above, off safe with my thumb, on safe with my index finger.

Never tried the short throw levers as I thought on certain lowers would take them, maybe I'm mistaken but they do seem nice.
Link Posted: 6/20/2013 11:18:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Well,

I run the bad-cass with the dovetailed levers now....

I run standard on left and thin on right...

I shoot ambi myself...and no I don't have a dominate eye...and I am a switch hitter in baseball as well...

But, I tend to shoot right handed about 75% of the time...

I like the longer lever for ease of feel and id the lever as well...

Bret
Link Posted: 6/24/2013 8:31:38 AM EDT
[#7]
I've got thin on both sides
Link Posted: 6/25/2013 8:31:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Will a short throw work on a standard lower?
I have a Colt MT6400 I would like to put an ambi on?
Link Posted: 6/25/2013 12:20:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Standard for the thumb side, short-thin on the index (trigger) finger side.
Link Posted: 6/27/2013 7:18:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Standard for the thumb side, short-thin on the index (trigger) finger side.

I do the same. Works great.
Link Posted: 6/30/2013 5:31:07 AM EDT
[#11]
I use two short.
Link Posted: 6/30/2013 7:29:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Is the right lever spaced like the factory lever on the left or does it gouge the hell out of the anodizing?
Link Posted: 6/30/2013 8:56:14 AM EDT
[#13]
It is spaced...don't worry.
Link Posted: 6/30/2013 10:23:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
It is spaced...don't worry.

Many thanks my good man!
Link Posted: 7/1/2013 3:58:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Standard and short. Love the Bad Ass.
Link Posted: 7/1/2013 5:41:57 PM EDT
[#16]
45 short short
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 9:21:20 AM EDT
[#17]
To answer the question:

I have always used, and am comfortable with, a BAD-ASS safety selector on my ARs. I have trained with a standard lever on the left and short lever on the right and nothing else compares to that for me. However, the hybrid and the crank are very intriguing. I have yet to try these but I may have to order some. The crank seems like it would provide a good option for thumb operation on the left. The hybrid looks like it will provide the shooter with the option to operate under ambi fire/train or with trigger finger operation. This is a very interesting design and it looks good too. I run a short lever on the right so it doesn’t interfere with my hand when I operate the left side with my thumb. The Hybrid seems like it would provide all the same features as the short lever and also provide a positive indication that the gun is completely in “fire” mode. I like it.

This is why I think a good Safety Selector is like a good set of kitchen knives; you never know what you’re missing until you have them. For those unfamiliar with the BAD-ASS.. Keep reading.

I have always used Battle Arms Development Levers and they are far superior to the other options on the market. Even if you find an ambi safety cheaper you will be disappointed once you feel a BAD safety selector; they radiate quality. I am waiting on a tax stamp for my 300 Blackout pistol and recently decided to get a few finishing touches for it while I wait. So, I purchased what was advertised as a Battle Arms Development Ambidextrous Safety Selector from a private seller and didn’t even consider that quality may be an issue when I bought it due to my previous experience with them. Upon receipt I immediately noticed it was NOT like any other Battle Arms Development product; the quality was terrible and the materials were crap.  As it turns out, the private seller was misinformed and they were certainly not made by BAD. They are a cheap copy made by a company called Defensive Package.

I immediately noticed the cheap feel and inferior materials.  Since I had it, I decided to install it to give it a fair chance especially for what I paid for it (as I was told it was a Battle Arms).  I was very disappointed to find out I severely overpaid. Also, its gritty, sloppy, and cumbersome. The finish on the levers is coming off and the paint in the slot looks like a three year old did it. The safety walks left and right when installed and the bolts supplied by defensive package are even inferior to what Battle arms supplies, hex vs. torx. I fired one mag with it installed, I had enough. So I have firsthand experience with both and I can honestly say you can feel the quality of the BAD-ASS installed and even uninstalled due to the better materials BAD uses. I may have been spoiled because I knew what I was missing but I took it out and put the factory safety selector back in until I received my new (and legit) BAD-ASS. For the record, I also picked up a set of KNS anti-rotate trigg/ham pins and a Geissele SSA as well and LOVE them.
I pay more for quality in all aspects of my life and my guns are no exemption. In addition, I will go out of my way to buy a product that a company is proud of and will stand behind; most of the time the companies I deal with possess both of these qualities and BAD is one of them.  I’m not one to complain about someone’s product but I can’t sit back and let people buy the crap I got (Defensive Package model) when they could have so much better for just a little more. Had I known it wasn’t made by BAD I would not have bought it.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 10:13:34 AM EDT
[#18]
I run a hybrid on the left side of the gun and a standard on the right. I'm a lefty. the hybrid is nice because it gives clearance to my trigger finger
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 11:23:12 AM EDT
[#19]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I run a hybrid on the left side of the gun and a standard on the right. I'm a lefty. the hybrid is nice because it gives clearance to my trigger finger
View Quote

Same setup I use.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 2:30:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 10:16:19 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Our short throw selector has to be made to be incompatible with standard receivers, it's a liability issue, as at 45 degree, the pointer does not point to the 12 o'clock FIRE engraving.

More info here

The "lawyer pin" block is pressed into the selector center to bar its installation on a standard receiver.  A 45/90 compatible receiver has a notch cut on the left side of the selector hole to allow the pin to pass through, such receiver will also have a properly located FIRE engraving.

The removal of the "lawyer pin" renders the selector a drop in part for a standard receiver, but doing so will void the warranty on the selector.

For a list of compatible receivers, please visit this page  

Receivers that will soon be added to the list of 45/90 compatible receivers: Umbrella Corporation, Spikes Tactical, New Frontier Arms, and of course, our own forged receivers

Thanks 90 degree it is then

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Our short throw selector has to be made to be incompatible with standard receivers, it's a liability issue, as at 45 degree, the pointer does not point to the 12 o'clock FIRE engraving.

More info here

The "lawyer pin" block is pressed into the selector center to bar its installation on a standard receiver.  A 45/90 compatible receiver has a notch cut on the left side of the selector hole to allow the pin to pass through, such receiver will also have a properly located FIRE engraving.

The removal of the "lawyer pin" renders the selector a drop in part for a standard receiver, but doing so will void the warranty on the selector.

For a list of compatible receivers, please visit this page  

Receivers that will soon be added to the list of 45/90 compatible receivers: Umbrella Corporation, Spikes Tactical, New Frontier Arms, and of course, our own forged receivers

Thanks 90 degree it is then

Quoted:
Will a short throw work on a standard lower?
I have a Colt MT6400 I would like to put an ambi on?

Link Posted: 7/25/2013 10:22:35 AM EDT
[#22]
One quick question can you explain the difference between the Bad-Ass SA and the Bad-Cass-SA?
Thanks

Forget it I see the nice dovetail ends now, order inbound

Link Posted: 7/25/2013 1:20:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 1:43:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Have a standard on the left side. End cap on the right.

45 degree selector.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 1:51:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Looking at the BAD CASS now, birthday is tomorrow... Might buy myself a present.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 3:12:11 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

View Quote

This.

I just tried the short thin on another rifle, but don't care for the short thin. I'll probably get a three lever kit next time with two thins so I can get rid of the short thin one.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 3:32:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

This.

I just tried the short thin on another rifle, but don't care for the short thin. I'll probably get a three lever kit next time with two thins so I can get rid of the short thin one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Why don't you just email Battle Arms and exchange the one you don't want for one you do?
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 3:38:26 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Why don't you just email Battle Arms and exchange the one you don't want for one you do?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This.

Huh. Never thought about that.

Link Posted: 7/27/2013 7:57:17 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 3:48:38 PM EDT
[#30]
I use the standard lever on the bolt catch side, and the hybrid on the ejection side.

Duffy and BAD Inc are good folks.
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 6:32:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Just installed 2 BAD-CASS selectors on a Bushy and Colt tonight.  Installation was a snap and the quality of the parts was perfect.    I like the standard and the short length selectors.  Once he has cerakote OD green levers on the CASS model, I'll buy 2 more sets for my 2 KAC rifles (SR15 and SR25).  This product is head and shoulders above any other ambi safeties I've seen.
Link Posted: 7/28/2013 8:42:52 AM EDT
[#32]
I just installed a kit and i'm on the fence about it. I haven't shot it yet, so i won't pass judgement quite yet. The way i manipulate the safety i can feel the short lever on my trigger finger side. Perhaps i'll try the thin as mentioned earlier to see if that makes any difference. The quality of parts seem great, and it installed easily and functions fine. I got a 3 lever kit and used the standard and short.
Link Posted: 7/28/2013 9:41:21 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 7/29/2013 8:11:40 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Thank you Tim, a separate package is on its way (may arrive later than the selector) with some swag for you

Re: BAD-ASS and BAD-CASS differences, this link goes into detail on the history
View Quote

Hi Thanks, got home Friday to a VM regarding verification due to different ship to address.
No problem I sent my Drivers license this am as requested.
Just wish the order page clearly noted that a different "ship to" would cause a verification delay.
I would have sent my DL in right away to save delay.
No big deal and maybe i missed a note on order page but thought i would mention it so you could add it to order page to avoid future confusion.
Thanks and can't wait for parts
Link Posted: 7/29/2013 8:26:32 AM EDT
[#35]
Crank on strong, hybrid on weak, but going to change to short on weak.  The crank is the tits.
Link Posted: 7/29/2013 7:12:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Grabbed a BAD CASS short throw to try out.  Standard and short levers feel great so far, but I think I may grab a crank just to try it out.
Link Posted: 8/1/2013 5:38:52 AM EDT
[#37]
Installed my Bad Cass SA last night.
Video in Industry forum was very helpful.
Went Standard on left and thin on right and like it a lot.
My fat stubby fingers were able to switch both sides without issue and the thin on the right
doesn't bother my trigger finger at all.
May try some other levers down the road but I think these are great.

Link Posted: 8/1/2013 12:07:10 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Yep please email me and I'll take care of it. The short-thin lever is for folks that don't want to feel a lever on the trigger finger side, and are willing to accept the tradeoff (unobtrusiveness = harder to use)
View Quote

I just wanted to say thanks for the trade! I mailed out my short thin lever out Monday, and I already received my thin lever today!
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 5:38:18 PM EDT
[#39]
I went with the standard on the bolt release side and the shorty on the trigger finger side. So far works for me.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 6:18:52 AM EDT
[#40]
I bought the kit with 2 standard levers.
now I plan on changing the right side to a short.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 2:00:12 PM EDT
[#41]
I started out with a standard on the left and short on the right.  I ordered a thin and tried it on the right side, didn't like it, went back to standard/short.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 2:21:11 PM EDT
[#42]
Ambi selector really isn't high on my list but I wish to hell I had an ambi bolt release.

However, that short thin lever looks like it is right up my alley.  By birthday is two weeks away...

"Hey babe, look at this, I really wish I had one of these"  
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 4:45:13 PM EDT
[#43]
I use the short throw lever with a standard long on the left and a short on the right. I use the short on the right because the long hits my hand and is not comfortable. I use the long on the right because it has plenty or real-estate to rest my thumb on top of. Its become habit to put my thumb on it. I like it because I never have to feel to see if its in fire. If my thumb is on it im ready to shoot. If the lever is resting on top of my thumb its on safe. My thumb stays in contact with  the lever at all times. It makes me a lot more comfortable and confident in knowing the state of fire the weapon is in. The only reason I run the ambi is when the rifle is slung or laying on the left side I can tell immediately if the weapon is hot.
Link Posted: 9/14/2013 8:02:31 PM EDT
[#44]
I use a "Standard" lever on the weak-side (left side when holding the rifle - I am right handed) and a "Short+Thin" on the strong-side (right side).

This fairly adequately describes my reasons for doing so:

Quoted:
The short-thin lever is for folks that don't want to feel a lever on the trigger finger side, and are willing to accept the tradeoff (unobtrusiveness = harder to use)
View Quote

As a clear right-hand dominant shooter, I do most of my shooting from with my right hand, and grip the pistol grip as high up as I can get.  During these times, I want, as much as possible for the strong-side lever to "melt away" and remain unnoticed when firing.  The Short+Thin lever allows the strong-side lever to keep out of my way while still retaining the ambidextrous capability.  

I've used both the BAD-ASS in the "Standard"/"Short" combination, as well as other ambidextrous selectors with equally sized levers on both sides, and for me, the "Standard"/"Short+Thin" combination offers the best compromise/capability.

~Augee
Link Posted: 9/17/2013 1:31:36 AM EDT
[#45]
Short/Short Thin on the 45's & Standard/Thin on the 90 degrees.
Link Posted: 9/17/2013 1:43:51 AM EDT
[#46]
Double standards on a BAD ASS 90 degree on my Noveske N4 lower.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top