Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/25/2012 9:06:43 AM EDT
So after taking a few carbine classes. I'm trying to find the advantage of a single point over a two point sling. I was using the magpul sling for a single point and it was uncomfortable, the end of your rifle hits you in the nuts if your not carful....so I've been using a Larue and VTac two point slings now.

My question I guess is, I'd  like some insight on advantages of a single point sling.

The only thing I can come up with is being able to switch sides of the rifle to shoot ...
Link Posted: 8/25/2012 9:30:50 AM EDT
[#1]
It drops it in the same place every time. That's about it.
Link Posted: 8/25/2012 10:20:03 AM EDT
[#2]
IMO a single has no advantages over a 2-point...and you already discovered some of the disadvantages of a single.
Link Posted: 8/25/2012 10:51:48 AM EDT
[#3]
From what I have read, getting in and out of vehicles with a single point is easier, and although I have one it, I have never one it for real day in and day out, so I don't know for sure.

I like the MS2 and MS3 because it can be either 2 or 1 point, but again, I have never used one when it counts.
Link Posted: 8/25/2012 11:17:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
So after taking a few carbine classes. I'm trying to find the advantage of a single point over a two point sling. I was using the magpul sling for a single point and it was uncomfortable, the end of your rifle hits you in the nuts if your not carful....so I've been using a Larue and VTac two point slings now.

My question I guess is, I'd  like some insight on advantages of a single point sling.

The only thing I can come up with is being able to switch sides of the rifle to shoot ...

And do it fairly fast under pressure.  
I wouldn't bother with one for hunting anything that won't shoot back.
Link Posted: 8/26/2012 1:18:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

we have a horse in this race but IMHO there is really not any advantages to the 1 point. Even being able to transition shoulders can be accomplished by a two point sling more efficiently. As far as the vehicle thing goes. I don't really recommend connecting your sling to your body inside of a vehicle so it really makes no difference if your using a two point or a one point for that application.

As far as transitions go:
Huskey MKII EWS Video watch the video at 1:43 ryan demos a two point sling transition to the off shoulder

Link Posted: 8/26/2012 4:10:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

we have a horse in this race but IMHO there is really not any advantages to the 1 point. Even being able to transition shoulders can be accomplished by a two point sling more efficiently. As far as the vehicle thing goes. I don't really recommend connecting your sling to your body inside of a vehicle so it really makes no difference if your using a two point or a one point for that application.

As far as transitions go:
Huskey MKII EWS Video watch the video at 1:43 ryan demos a two point sling transition to the off shoulder

Kudos on the disclosure, however I would disagree with the highlighted portion of your reply above. With a single point there are actually less steps involved which to me seems to reflect the meaning of efficiency.

I however would say that "Even being able to transition shoulders can be accomplished by a two point sling just as fast as a single point with enough training".
Link Posted: 8/26/2012 7:40:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for all the responses/personal experience. Looks like I won't be rocking a single point unless I need to do tactical rolls out of my truck...
Link Posted: 8/27/2012 5:56:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Thanks for all the responses/personal experience. Looks like I won't be rocking a single point unless I need to do tactical rolls out of my truck...

I run a VTAC 2 point with an IWC 2 to 1 triglide on it. It allows you to transition to a one point sling on those few occasions where it might be more efficient.

IWC Tri-glide
Link Posted: 8/28/2012 9:15:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I run a VTAC 2 point with an IWC 2 to 1 triglide on it. It allows you to transition to a one point sling on those few occasions where it might be more efficient.

IWC Tri-glide

That is a great set up option for sure
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top