Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/29/2012 1:40:12 PM EDT
ive decided on ordering a vtac sling for my AR and im wondering if i should go with the padded or non padded version, where i am only 6ft 165lb im wondering if the padded version will allow for enough ajustment to fit a smaller size body without a tactical vest or if i need to just get the regular sling without padding that ive heard has a better range of ajustment? any info would be greatly appreciated!
Link Posted: 1/29/2012 3:10:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the vtac padded sling, wore it everyday durring my last deployment,  and the padding made a difference, I'm a smaller guy, and with / without kit, i didn't have any issues with adjusting the sling to fit right. I highly recommend this sling.
Link Posted: 1/29/2012 4:28:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I just got an Upgraded VTAC Padded Sling.  I also ordered the MS3 and VCAS sling at the same time but sent them back.  You should give the Upgraded VTAC sling a look before deciding.  I like the sling a lot.
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 4:37:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a VTAC LaRue version padded sling with built-in sewn-in QD sling swivels, I'm slightly below average height but I have no trouble carrying with my thick mil type jacket and magazine chest rig, if you want more length Viking sell a quick release extension.

I prefer the padded version because I use it on my heavy 11 lb loaded AR carbine and for carrying any of my carbines for long periods of time, the wide pad also does not get hung up on my chest rig, it just glides over the chest rig webbing, YMMV.

Link Posted: 1/30/2012 6:19:49 PM EDT
[#4]
6'3" and 180lbs and use the Padded. I actually had so much extra room I trimmed some off the ends. I use it without gear and with a tactical vest without issue. For long days with the ar slung the padding makes a big difference!
Link Posted: 1/31/2012 5:00:31 AM EDT
[#5]
You should be able to trim the VTAC enough that the length of the pad is not an issue.  You will definitely want the pad.  The VTAC material is very narrow and feels like seat belt material.  The edges can begin to cut into your neck after a period of time.  

This is why I prefer the wider softer webbing of the VCAS...more comfortable for me.  I do not have a pad on the VCAS that is on my carbine but went with the pad on my AR10.

Good Luck
Link Posted: 1/31/2012 5:06:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Pay a couple of extra bucks and get the padded sling.  You will notice a big difference during extended deployments.
Link Posted: 1/31/2012 5:24:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Keeping in the trend here, Padded
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top