BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 2/16/2010 1:00:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Those look great!  The first thing I thought when I put my PRS in place was I hated the sling attachments.  I so want on the list to buy a set of these!  Great looking work!!!
Link Posted: 2/19/2010 9:22:20 AM EDT
[#2]
I received the two sling attachment points a few weeks ago, and finally found the time to test them out.  

The fit and finish is fantastic.  They line up with the MagPul bolts perfectly, and was a quick and easy install that was trouble free.

I tested a LaRue sling and a VLTOR QD with them, and found that the VLTOR connects with no problems.  The LaRue sling on the other hand varied.  One end was tight, but fit.  The other end of the sling would not fit into these, so assume the LaRue points are slightly out of spec when compared to each other.  

I still need to get an attachment point for the other end of the rifle, but look forward to having a QD sling that will be quick and easy to remove.  

Pics:

http://www.okrubicon.com/pics/PRS/PRS-001.jpg

http://www.okrubicon.com/pics/PRS/PRS-002.jpg

http://www.okrubicon.com/pics/PRS/PRS-003.jpg

http://www.okrubicon.com/pics/PRS/PRS-004.jpg

http://www.okrubicon.com/pics/PRS/PRS-005.jpg

http://www.okrubicon.com/pics/PRS/PRS-006.jpg

http://www.okrubicon.com/pics/PRS/PRS-007.jpg

http://www.okrubicon.com/pics/PRS/PRS-008.jpg

http://www.okrubicon.com/pics/PRS/PRS-009.jpg

http://www.okrubicon.com/pics/PRS/PRS-010.jpg
Link Posted: 2/19/2010 9:24:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Very nice design.
Put me inline for a set when they become available.
Link Posted: 2/19/2010 9:43:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice job.  I would buy a pair if they were available.  

How about some anti-rotational sockets for the UBR?
Link Posted: 2/20/2010 8:16:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Hmm...I'd sure like to mount one to an A1 or 2 stock....
Link Posted: 2/21/2010 1:50:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Nice job.  I would buy a pair if they were available.  

How about some anti-rotational sockets for the UBR?

Agreed, I would buy a set if they were developed.

The UBR stock should have come with anti-rotation. The cutout hole for the forward sling mount is rectangular, which means you could machine a cup that has a nub to prevent the cup from rotating. This would allow for really stable anti-rotation. The rear cup doesn't have this rectangular cut, though. I suppose we could dremel that out if needed.

I need to post pics to better explain what I mean.
Link Posted: 2/21/2010 7:31:43 PM EDT
[#7]
ARctangent great to see you got this going man! I saw one of the first in the white proto's you did when you came by. Good luck!
Link Posted: 2/22/2010 7:51:03 AM EDT
[#8]
I just got back from javalina hunting and had three days to TE the QD mounts on my PRS.

Like others have said the ID is a little snug, it doesn't affect normal operation of the sling though. Other than that I really like the mounts, they were easy to install, are solid and really do a great job.

Keep up the good work ARctangent!
Link Posted: 2/22/2010 4:12:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I just got back from javalina hunting and had three days to TE the QD mounts on my PRS.

Like others have said the ID is a little snug, it doesn't affect normal operation of the sling though. Other than that I really like the mounts, they were easy to install, are solid and really do a great job.

Keep up the good work ARctangent!

Cool!
Working my ass off machining up enough pieces to comply with the minimum order requirements for my new anodizer!
This latest design is cooler...I think you guys will like these even more!
<scurries off to go machine more QD sling plates after work>
Link Posted: 2/22/2010 8:34:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Would absolutely love a set of these for my new SPR build.  Badass product you've got going sir.
Link Posted: 2/23/2010 8:41:59 PM EDT
[#11]
How does one go about getting on the "to buy" list when these become available?
Link Posted: 2/24/2010 9:13:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Those look great. I would be in for a set also.
Link Posted: 2/25/2010 4:46:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Holy crap!!!!

I'm just getting my doors blown-off with emails!

Link Posted: 2/25/2010 5:28:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Excellent looking work there ARctangent! Count me in for a set!
Link Posted: 2/25/2010 5:51:59 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Apologies for not keeping up with the thread...10 hours a day at my day job and 4-5 hours afterward on weekdays and upwards of 10-12 hours/day on weekends on this project doesn't leave a whole lot of spare time.

No apology needed, unless you forget to let us know how we can purchase a couple when you are through with the R & D.

Keep up the good work.

+1 I'm in for a set of those.

Link Posted: 2/26/2010 6:09:56 PM EDT
[#16]
I would love to have a set of those. They look to be well crafted and machined.  Count me in for a set.
Link Posted: 2/26/2010 7:21:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Holy crap!!!!

I'm just getting my doors blown-off with emails!

Well, you got a product coming a LOT of us are willing to pay for!
Just let me know where and how much as soon as you have sets for sale.
Many thanks

Link Posted: 2/27/2010 2:19:46 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm in for a set as long as they're not outrageously priced. Let us know when they're available for order.
Link Posted: 2/27/2010 6:14:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I'm in for a set as long as they're not outrageously priced. Let us know when they're available for order.

Ditto.
Link Posted: 2/28/2010 2:03:06 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ditto.

I just bought a PRS just because of this thread/product, please bring this to market.

Link Posted: 3/3/2010 7:51:45 AM EDT
[#21]
Just popping in to say kudos.  I saw your link to the thread in the thread about the rings.  You're doing a good job, hopefully this will turn into a profitable project for you.
Link Posted: 3/3/2010 1:22:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Just FYI:

I've been sending my comments on the Beta 1.0 test mounts directly to the ARctangent, but I would like to follow up with my thoughts on QD sling swivels.  I  ordered KZ and Troy SS swivels for the test.  I opted out of ordering the LT swivels as I assumed that they were not made in-house and were pricey for reg. steel.

The  KZ swivels all measured .3725, but out of 8 of them, 3 were defective.   Cost $6.95 ea.
-one had only 3 bearings
-the second would not operate at all, you could not push the button in
-the third barely operated, as it would not allow all of the bearings to retract

These are brand new, who knows how many more would fail after a bit of use...

The Troy Stainless Steel swivels are beautiful and measure .3720 Cost $13.15 ea.
Link Posted: 3/4/2010 3:22:06 PM EDT
[#23]
These look outstanding.

I'm betting Magpul went "DOH" when they first saw them.  

I'll be buying a few sets once they become available.  Please keep us informed on when they are ready for sale.

And thank you for creating an innovative and excellent product.
Link Posted: 3/5/2010 6:39:30 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Hmm...I'd sure like to mount one to an A1 or 2 stock....

Yes! that would be great if it could be made to work.
Link Posted: 3/5/2010 2:05:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Just got my lower from Iron Ridge with the PRS installed and the sling mounts were the first thing I noticed.  So awesome to see someone working on these.  Does Magpul think people just use these for bench or something?
Link Posted: 3/6/2010 7:22:23 AM EDT
[#26]
I would like to have this product like yesterday......
Missed the beta tesing I suppose...who would have thunk it
Link Posted: 3/11/2010 4:28:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Finally!  I really don't know what MagPul was thinking to not have these as at least an option from day 1.  Put me down for a set.
Link Posted: 3/13/2010 2:19:59 PM EDT
[#28]
I would like to purchase 1 please.

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/13/2010 6:11:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Changes:

1) Going up one size on the reamer...should better accommodate all the different (i.e. non-spec) sizes of QD swivels out there.
2) Sinking the bearing race 40% deeper down into the socket hole...would not BELIEVE what an effect (net positive!) that does in the FEA (Finite Element Analysis) computation results!
3) Changing the the bearing race rotational stop design from a two-lug to a four-lug configuration, so that all four bearings on the QD swivel are loaded equally.
4) Bead blasting prior to anodizing, more "tooth" for the anodizing and further breaks sharp edges.
5) Changing anodizing companies to one with superior quality control (though they're a bit more expensive, I believe it is worth it).

Arc,
Any ideas when the gen II's will receive the above listed updates? I would love to test one of the updated versions.
Link Posted: 3/16/2010 1:34:04 PM EDT
[#30]
I know some one had mentioned earlier that this would be a nice peice of kit to fab onto a MOE handguard.  Not sure if it would line up but does anyone who has a beta set feel like just eyeballing this next to a MOE handguard and see if it would work? I don't want to have to add a rail to the MOE handguard just for a sling mount.
Link Posted: 3/17/2010 6:48:24 AM EDT
[#31]
Finally a solution for the PRS.  I joined AR15.com just for this product.  Please put me on your list of potential buyers.  I need a pair.

Thanks, Tod
Link Posted: 3/17/2010 5:41:41 PM EDT
[#32]
For those of you patiently awaiting this product like me, I thought I'd offer the solution I've been using.  I just use the quick detach hook on my sling to hook onto the thread of my monopod.  It's not ideal and it puts all the weight of the gun past the attachment point which makes it a little more wily to control but it's better than nothing.  I use the Accushot so it works with the monopod up or down and you can see in the second pic it still allows easy shouldering of the rifle.  (Sorry for the cell phone pics, too much hassle to drag out my other camera)

Come on Arc, we really need a better solution!!  Look forward to that next batch of betas with your improvements on them.

Link Posted: 3/17/2010 6:52:59 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
For those of you patiently awaiting this product like me, I thought I'd offer the solution I've been using.  I just use the quick detach hook on my sling to hook onto the thread of my monopod.  It's not ideal and it puts all the weight of the gun past the attachment point which makes it a little more wily to control but it's better than nothing.  I use the Accushot so it works with the monopod up or down and you can see in the second pic it still allows easy shouldering of the rifle.  (Sorry for the cell phone pics, too much hassle to drag out my other camera)

Come on Arc, we really need a better solution!!  Look forward to that next batch of betas with your improvements on them.

http://www.boosting1bar.com/wayot/sling01.jpg
http://www.boosting1bar.com/wayot/sling02.jpg

lol!!!!
You guys are killing me (in a good way!)

I never thought that this would turn into what it has become.
A monster has been created and it is my fault...
My IM's, arfcom email, and my gmail have been pretty much totally slammed.
There is simply no way I can respond to all of them (hell I can't even sort through them all...Jeebus!!!!)...so I'll respond in this thread:

I have been very busy with this little project after work.
Here I am gauge-pinning (kinda reverse-engineering) one of JTrusty's rail-mounted QD sling swivel bases (THANKS, JTrusty!!!!):

Gauge-pinning the first-gen pieces along with the latest ones...QC'ing myself:

Here is that latest batch (latest generation) of 1250 pieces (in various stages of manufacture at the time) heading to the new anodizer in a couple of days.
Picture was taken near sundown...apologies for the pic quality:

Another view:

and another view:

Just letting you guys know that I'm on it (as well as a few other prototypes based on the initial QDSL design).
Design patent registration progressing nicely as well...

Thanks to all of you for the interest...it has been amazing...and very humbling (to say the least!).

So hang in there...
Link Posted: 3/17/2010 7:01:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 3/17/2010 8:18:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Here I am gauge-pinning (kinda reverse-engineering) one of JTrusty's rail-mounted QD sling swivel bases (THANKS, JTrusty!!!!):

Anytime brother. Glad I could help and also glad to see things progressing nicely for you.

Stepped-up the hole size a bit.
Went .002" larger than yours, to account for .001" per side build-up post-anodizing.
Still kept the original lug design, except with four lugs instead of two and dropped the key-seat down MUCH deeper!

Coming up with a machining process for the four-lug layout wound up being a bit of a PITA...bit I found a way.

Here I am kinda contemplating a tool-path idea for my full-radius key-seat cutter (covered-up the numerical data ):

You'll see what I did when I send out the next batch of prototypes to the beta-testers...
Link Posted: 3/17/2010 8:50:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Anytime brother. Glad I could help and also glad to see things progressing nicely for you.

Stepped-up the hole size a bit.
Went .002" larger than yours, to account for .001" per side build-up post-anodizing.
Still kept the original lug design, except with four lugs instead of two and dropped the key-seat down MUCH deeper!

Coming up with a machining process for the four-lug layout wound up being a bit of a PITA...bit I found a way.

Here I am kinda contemplating a tool-path idea for my full-radius key-seat cutter (covered-up the numerical data ):

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm267/phraktal_mekanyk/General/NewPicture2.jpg?t=1268886161

You'll see what I did when I send out the next batch of prototypes to the beta-testers...

I can hardly wait!!!!
Link Posted: 3/20/2010 9:58:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Great heads up.  I visited Gear Sector and immediately ordered his picatinny sling mount as a perfect match to arc's PRS sling. Looking forward to the next batch.
Link Posted: 3/24/2010 7:02:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Any way to get in on the next batch? If so I definitely need some of these.
Link Posted: 3/25/2010 3:56:53 PM EDT
[#39]
I'm interested in one as well.  Let me know how much and where to send it.
Link Posted: 3/25/2010 5:31:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Wow! I've been thinking of picking up a Larue OBR with a PRS stock and noticed the sling attachments. I was wondering, how come Magpul didn't incorporate any QD sling cups on this stock? Oh well! Great job ARctanget.
Link Posted: 3/28/2010 1:30:18 PM EDT
[#41]
I would also like to get in on this, please
Link Posted: 3/30/2010 8:20:05 AM EDT
[#42]
I would like to get at least one, if not two of these things.

How do I buy?
Link Posted: 3/30/2010 4:06:05 PM EDT
[#43]
I've been waiting for the order here link for a while...
Is Gear sector gonna be your distributor?

How do we get on the damn list LOL...
Link Posted: 3/31/2010 10:26:30 AM EDT
[#44]
In for updates on these, As soon as they are ready you count on my order ;)

You Sir deserve a giant pat on the back, and 2 thumbs way up for doing this.

I hope all goes well with everything.

Link Posted: 4/3/2010 11:51:12 AM EDT
[#45]
The changes look promising! Keep up the great work!
Link Posted: 4/14/2010 7:07:34 PM EDT
[#46]
Put me down for a set as well...  Just put the PRS on a LWRC REPR, wanting to get my QD sling in place.

Let us know when they are available.
Link Posted: 4/15/2010 3:18:59 PM EDT
[#47]
i am in for at least 1 set
let us know when we can order & i will do so.
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 8:39:46 AM EDT
[#48]
Any updates on the project?  Please keep us posted.
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 1:23:36 PM EDT
[#49]
I can't wait...
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 1:44:55 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

I can't wait...

Same here and I've been on a spending frenzy the last few days.

Page / 6
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top